The project for improvement of the production process based on the Lean methodology in SMELT-ING DOO was implemented in four phases (mini projects). The detailed analysis of the work orders in the period of 9 months provided clear picture of the current situation. With the defined methodology and through mutual meetings with the upper management and the employees of the company, the project team managed to introduce and implement the following mini projects: improved visualisation, digital work order, implementation of 5S and portable tools trolley. All these mini projects have improved the organization of the production process and helped the process of waste
elimination in the company.
- J. P. Womack, D. T. Jones, Lean Thinking – Banish waste and create wealth in your corporation (2003)
- S. Lunau, R. Meran, A. John, C. Staudter, O. Roenpage, Six Sigma+Lean Toolset (2012)
- R.S. Agrahari, P.A. Dangle, K.V. Chandratre, Implementation of 5S Methodology in the Small Scale Industry: A Case Study (2015)
- Schwisow, J., An Introduction to Lean Production Management (2010)
- D. Cardenas-Cristancho, D. Monticolo, L. Muller, P. Lhoste, Continuous Improvement process model: A Knowledge Management approach (2021)
- R. Blackburn, D. Benett, D. Demirbas, KAIZEN philosophy in a modern day business (2019)