A lot of techno-economic analyses have been conducted to seek the most cost-effective solution for electricity generation applied in the interval time of 25 years of project life. The actual benefits taken from small PV plants up to 2MW have been identified, as well as the effects of the most sensitive parameters, such as installation price, incentives and other credit options such as carbon credit rate or feed in tariff. The output carried out from the simulation performed in RETScreen Expert tool shows that PV system represents the best solution to provide free carbon and costless electricity to run the water pump for sprinkler irrigation in the agriculture sector in Albania. The environmental benefits have been also addressed, evaluating the CO2 emissions saving achievable from the PV system operation and some financial aspects such as simple payback period (SPP), NPV, IRR. The annual electricity production from PV plant located in the village of Tërbuf, Divjaka Municipality with an installed capacity of 2MW results 3319MWh and would avoid 3253 tCO2. The effects of ETS schemes on the LCOE from small PV plants are highlighted.
- ] IRENA. (2021). World energy transitions outlook: 1.5 degrees pathway. In Irena. https://irena.org/publications/2021/March/World-Energy- Transitions-Outlook
- Malka, L., Gjeta, A., Konomi, I., Alcani, M., Bebi, E., & Kaci, S. (2020). Off-grid hybrid PV configuration’ s role to supply internet access points antenna in remote areas. Case study: " Ostren i vogël - Trebisht " villages, Bulqiza district, Albania. 226(5), 218–226 https://stumejournals.com/journals/i4/2020/5/218
- Renewable, I., & Agency, E. (n.d.). ELECTRIFICATION Driving the transformation. https://www.irena.org/publications/2022/Feb/Smart- Electrification-with-Renewables
- Malka, Lorenc et al. 2020. “An Approach to the Large- Scale Integration of Wind Energy In.” 10(5): 327–43 https://www.econjournals.com/index.php/ijeep/article/vie w/9917/5291
- RETScreen. Financial and risk analysis, 2004. Retrieved: July 20, 2015 from http://www.retscreen.net/ang/financial_and_risk_analysis _with_retscreen.php
- IRENA (2021), Renewables Readiness Assessment: Albania, International Renewable Energy Agency, Abu Dhabi
- IEA. (2020), Renewable Power. Paris: IEA. Available