Nowadays, only a small percentage of waste tires are being landfilled in Albania. The large environmental impact has made the government to support some companies for building up the recycling industry of the waste tire in Albania. The Recycled Tire Rubber have been used in many fields such as agricultural uses, sport applications, civil engineering, rubber modified asphalt applications etc. Therefore, different parts of the world have used rubber modified asphalts where the benefits were being more widely experienced and recognized. Based on it, our paper will be focused on the asphalt mixtures produced with Recycled Tire Rubber Modified Bitumen’s (RTRMBs). Our proposal can reduce environmental impact from the waste tires and improving the quality of the road constructions in Albania.
- M. Bekhiti, H. Trouzine, A. Asroun.: Mechanical Properties of Waste Tire Rubber Powder, Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research, vol. 4, No. 4, pp. 669-672, 2014.
- E. Ganjian, M. Khorami, A. A. Maghsoudi, “Scrap–tyre–rubber replacement for aggregate and filler in concrete”, Construction and Building Materials, vol. 23, No. 5, pp. 1828-1836, 2009
- M. B. Takallou, H. B. Takallou. “Benefits of Recycling Waste Tires Rubber Asphalt Paving” Transportation Research Record, vol. 1310, pp. 87-92, 2015.
- D. K. Appiah, V. N. Berko-Boateng, T. A. Tagbor, “Use of waste plastic materials for road construction in Ghana,” Case Studies in Construction Materials, vol. 6, pp. 1-7, 2016
- D. Le Presti, “Recycled Tyre Rubber Modified Bitumens for road asphalt mixtures: A literature review,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 49, pp. 863-881, 2013.
- G. N. King, H. W. King, “Polymer modified asphalt, an overview,” American Society of Civil Engineering, vol. 1, pp. 240-254, 1986.
- E. Muzenda, “A Discussion of Waste Tyre Utilization Options,” 2nd International Conference on Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, March 21-22, pp. 198- 202, 2014 Dubai (UAE).
- B. Adhikari, and S. Maiti, “Reclamation and recycling of waste rubber”. Progress in Polymer Science, vol. 25, pp 909– 948, 2000.
- S. Pechpoothong and M. Kopystecki, Analysis of Rubber Waste utilization at Pandora Production Company Limited, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol. 77, pp. 733-737, 2013.
- H. Trouzine, A. Asroun, N. Asroun, F. Belabdelouhab, N.T. Long, “Problem of waste tires in Algeria”, Nature & Technologies, Vol. 5, pp. 28-35, 2011
- R.K. Dhir, M.C. Limbachiya, K.A. Paine, Recycling and reuse of used tyres, Thomas Telford Publishing–Thomas Telford Ltd, London, 2001