Railroad crossings are a point of conflict between rail and road transport. Failure to abide by the rules and their malfunctioning leads to human casualties. The solution is to improve transport infrastructure. In the course of renewal of the railways in the form of rehabilitation, reconstruction, emergency repairs, new construction and more, it is inevitably necessary to intersect road infrastructure. This is done by crossing at one or two levels. During the construction of the main railway lines in Bulgaria, the safety requirements, the load of the road infrastructure, the current speeds, the financial possibilities and other factors led to the construction of many railroad crossings 757 . They are on the secondary and major railway lines, especially outside the large settlements.
Of course, with the construction of new routes, intersections at two levels are envisaged and constructed [2, 3], but at the same time the railroad crossings on the rest of the railway network requiring higher safety criteria have to be maintained. This necessitates the replacement of many elements of the railway and the pavement , which in turn leads to a change in the conditions for the reconstruction of the railroad crossings. The report examines a specific case of construction practice – reconstruction of railroad crossings along the second railway line in the area of Iskar Gorge , but the conclusions it requires are valid for most existing railroad crossings.
- Railway network reference document 2019-2020, Valid from 12/15/2019 to 12/12/2020, Reference Document_2019- 2020_v.10_02042020.pdf https://www.rail-infra.bg/bg/139
- Todorov S., M. Zhiponov, ISPA Infrastructure project Plovdiv - Svilengrad, UACEG International scientific and applied conference 2009, October 29–31, 2009, UACEG Annuals, ISSN 1310-814X (print); ISSN 2534-9759 (online), Scroll XI, Bridges, transportation construction, pp.239-247
- Todorov S., R. Valkov, Strategic requirements for designing the reconstruction and electrification of sections of the first railway line, Scientific papers 72, Vasil Levski Higher educational military school V. Turnovo, 2002, pp.421-428, ISSN 0861-0312
- Nikolov V., Todorov S., Pavements for railroad crossings, Railway transport magazine, 1310-683X (print), 3/2001. Sofia, pp.22-24
- Kostadinov N., S. Todorov, Road safety at the crossing of a railroad crossing, NPP "Traffic Safety", Thracian University, Stara Zagora, TC Yambol, May 11, 2011, ISBN: 978-954-9999-77-8, p. 5-10
- Ivanova M., S. Todorov, Road traffic safety at Bulgarian railroad crossings, NPP "Traffic Safety", Thracian University, Stara Zagora, TC Yambol, May 11, 2011, ISBN: 978-954-9999-77-8, pp. 11-16
- Work projects along part of the railway for "Restoration of the design speed in the Kurilo - Rebrovo inter-station, road № 2 from km 13 + 294 to km 23 + 632 with a length of 10 338 m, with adjacent stations: Kurilo station - etc. 2 with a length of 980 m and adjacent turnouts № 8, 10, 14, 9 and 3, between turnouts № 10 and № 14 with a length of 46 m, and between turnouts № 3 and № 9 with a length of 22 m and station Rebrovo - item 2. n 2 with a length of 891 m and adjacent turnouts № 1 and 2 ”.
- Nikolov V., Todorov S., Roads and railways, Printed in VTU "T. Kableshkov ”, ISBN 978-954-12-0205-0, 2011, 471 pages
- Ordinance No. 58 on the rules for the technical operation, movement of trains and signalling in railway transport, issued by the Minister of Transport, promulgated, SG, issue 73 of 5.09.2006, amend. and suppl., issue 43 of 2009, issue 68 of 2014, and issue 97 of 23/11/2018, effective from 24.02.2019.
- Ordinance No. 55 of January 29, 2004 on the Design and Construction of Railways, Railway Stations, Railway Crossings and Other Elements of the Railway Infrastructure (promulgated, SG No. 18 of 05.03.2004).
- Rasimova A., S. Todorov, Railroad crossing with barriers Asenovgrad. European trends in road safety, Journal of the Technical University - Sofia, Plovdiv branch, Bulgaria, Fundamental Sciences and Applications Vol. 19, 2013, International Conference Engineering, Technologies and System, TECHSYS 2013, Bulgaria
- Todorov S., Safety measures for level crossings, 11-th Forum of rail transport, Bratislava, h. Double Tree by Hilton, 17 - 18 March 2015 г., р. 71-75
- Nikolov V., Todorov S., Ivanov R., Combined impact of rolling stock loading and road traffic on the lane in the area of railroad crossings, Railway Transport Magazine, 1310-683X (print), 5/2000. Sofia, pp. 34-37
- Todorov S., Train movement in horizontal curves - shortage and excess of cant, Electronic Journal of Mechanics, Transport, Communications, ISSN 1312-3823, Volume 12, Issue 3/3, Year 2014, pp. VIII-9 -15, http://www.mtc-aj.com/academic-journal.php?lang=en