TRANSPORT TECHNICS. INVESTIGATION OF ELEMENTS. RELIABILITY
Some approaches to the non-destructive control of composite materials used in the aerospace industry
- 1 Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Institute of Metal Science Equipment and Technologies with Hydro- and Aaerodynamics Centre “Acad. A Balevski”, Sofia, Bulgaria
One of the priority areas for the use of composite materials is the aerospace industry. A number of evaluations have shown that their use in the manufacture of modern aircraft and helicopters lead to a reduction in weight of the respective parts with 20-30% compared to the same manufactured from conventional materials. In this case, an increase in the resistance of the respective part to external influences is usually achieved, and in many cases a decrease in its production cost.
The increasing use of composite materials in the aerospace industry requires analyzing options for their diagnosis and non-destructive examination of their quality, taking into account their specific features. Because of the enormous diversity and complexity composition for composite materials, various methods of diagnosis have different efficiencies for different types of composites. In many cases, composites contain highly porous or fibrous layers, which results in a strong attenuation of the acoustic waves and render the acoustic method inapplicable to their non-destructive control. In these and other cases, the use of emerging methods for their non-destructive ultra-high frequency (microwave) diagnostics is of interest.
- Yavor Boichev, N. Dyulgerov, “Metalphysical Investigations of Composite Aluminum Alloy with Microcrystalline Structure”, “Metal Science, Hydro and Aerodynamics, National Security”, 2013, ISSN:1313-8308, p.p. 219-221;
- Boychev Y., “Investigation of plasticity of composites based on aluminum alloys with microcrystalline structure at different test temperatures”, Proceedings NDT Days' 2014, 2014, ISSN:1310-3946, p.p. 214-216
- Yavor Boichev, G. Stefanov, N. Dyulgerov, S. Gyurov. “Structural features of compact composites with a microcrystalline structure based on aluminum alloys”, Proceedings - Fifth National Conference with International Participation, '' Metal Science, Hydro and Aerodynamics, National Security'2015 '', 2015, ISSN:1313-8308, 200-203
- Dyulgerov N., Boychev Ya. Preparation and properties of real-size composites and microcrystalline structure based on aluminum alloy with TiC addition. XXVI International Conference “NDT days '11" Proceedings, 2011, p.p. 234-235
- Genov BG, “Possibilities for Using Non-Destructive Control Methods in Ballistic Protection Systems Assessment”, International Conference “Non-Destructive Control Days” 2011, Sozopol, 11-14.06 2011, ISSN 1310-3946, p. 107-110 Genov B., The Need for the Implementation of Non- Destructive Control Methods in the Stages of the Lifecycle of Defense Products, International Conference “Days of Non- Destructive Control” 2012, Sozopol,11-14.06 2012, ISSN 1310-3946, стр. 363-365
- Borislav G. Genov, “Model for evaluation of the technical state of rocket propulsion engines based on the results of non-destructive testing” International Conference “Days of Non-destructive Control” 2018, Sozopol, June 2018, published in NDT Days, Volume I / Issue 4 (2018), ISSN: 2603-4018 (print), 2603-4646 (online), p.p. 484-493
- Borislav G. Genov, “Criteria for Choosing Non-Destructive Control Methods in the Ammunition Lifecycle”, International Conference “Days of Non-Destructive Control” 2018, Sozopol, June 2018, published in NDT Days, Volume I / Issue 4 (2018), ISSN: 2603-4018 (print), 2603-4646 (online), p.p. 494-503;
- Sergey I. Ivashov, Vladimir V. Razevig, Igor A. Vasiliev, Andrey V. Zhuravlev, Timothy D. Bechtel, Lorenzo Capineri, “Holographic subsurface radar: TECHNOLOGY AND APPLICATION”, JOURNAL OF RADIO ELECTRONICS, N 10, 2010, electronic journal, ISSN 1684-1719;
- S. Ivashov, V.Razevig, I.Vasiliev, T.Bechtel, L.Capineri, „Holographic subsurface radar for diagnostics of cryogenic fuel tank thermal insulation of spacevehicles“, NDT&E International 69 (2015), pp. 48–54, ISSN: 0963-8695;
- N. P. Chubinsky, “Possibilities of holographic methods at sounding of lossy media”, Proceedings of 4th Russian conference RadioPhysics Methods in Remote Sensing, Murom, 30 June – 3 July 2009, pp. 47-60,(in Russian).
- Available: http://www.mivlgu.ru/conf/murom2009/img/doclad/lecture/3.p df.