TRANSPORT TECHNICS. INVESTIGATION OF ELEMENTS. RELIABILITY
Application of regression analysis on some thickness measurement data collected for inner bottom plates of aging bulk carriers
- 1 University of Montenegro , Faculty of Maritime Studies Kotor
- 2 Óbuda University, Bánki Donát Faculty of Mechanical and Safety Engineering, Budapest
In this article we analyzed real thickness measurement data collected on aged bulk carrier. Totally 25 aging bulk carriers were investigate under the 38 special ships surveys. As it is most important part of bulk carriers are fuel oil tanks, which can be located in different areas, in this article we analyze fuel oil tanks located in double bottom tanks. During exploitation life of ships there are lot of influenced factor as it is cargo operation, maintains, type of cargo, transport route and etc., which can accelerate corrosion and lead to different steal damage. From that reason it is important to analyze corrosion data in order to describe the expected corrosion. The aim of this article is to analysis totally 3136 thickness measurement data and find some correlation between the measured values and the time. It is clearly seen that the number of measurements increases with the time which can affect the results of the statistical analysis. Obtained statistical and graphical results show that the linear regression between statistical value and the Year parameter would be well appropriate to describe estimation model for inner bottom plates of bulk carriers.
-  Paik, J.K., Kim, S.K., Lee, S.K., A probabilistic corrosion rate estimation model for longitudinal strength members of bulk carriers, Ocean Engineering, vol. 25, no. 10, 1998, pp. 837–860.
- Guedes Soares, C., Garbatov, Y., Zayed, A., Effect of environmental factors on steel plate corrosion under marine immersion conditions, Corrosion Engineering, Science and Technology, vol. 46, 2011, pp. 524-541.
- Ivošević, Š., 2012. PhD Thesis, University of Montenegro, Maritime Faculty Kotor, Kotor, Montenegro.
- Ivošević, Š., Meštrović, R. & Kovač, N. 2017. An approach to the probabilistic corrosion rate estimation model for inner bottom plates of bulk carriers. Brodogradnja/Shipbuilding. 68 (4): 57-70.
- Yamamoto, N., Ikagaki, K., A Study on the Degradation of Coating and Corrosion on Ship´s Hull Based on the Probabilistic Approach, Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering, vol. 120, 1998, pp. 121-128.
- Ivošević, Š., Meštrović, R. & Kovač, N. 2018. Probabilistic estimates of corrosion rate of fuel tank structures of aging bulk carriers, International Journal of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering. 13 pages, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnaoe.2018.03.003.
- Ivošević, Š., Meštrović, R., Kovač, N. (2019), “A comparison of some multi-parameter distributions related to estimation of corrosion rate of aging bulk carriers”, in proceedings of 7th International Conference on Marine Structures, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, Dubrovnik, 6-8.May, pp.403-410.
- Paik, J.K., Thayamballi, A.K., Park, Y.I., Hwang, J.S., A time-dependent corrosion wastage model for bulk carrier structures, International Journal of Maritime Engineering, vol. 145, Part A2, 2003, pp. 61-87.
- Paik, J.K., Thayamballi, A.K., Park, Y.I., Hwang, J.S., A time-dependent corrosion wastage model for seawater ballast tank structures of ships, Corrosion Science, vol. 46, no. 2, 2004, pp. 471–486.
- Paik J.K., Corrosion Analysis of Seawater Ballast Tank Structures, International Journal of Maritime Engineering, vol. 146, Part A1, 2004, pp. 1-12.
- Norhazilan, M.N., Smith, G.H., Yahaya N., The Weibull time-dependent growth model of marine corrosion in seawater ballast tank, Malaysian Journal of Civil Engineering, vol. 19, no. 2, 2007, pp. 142–155. Minitab 18 software, https://www.minitab.com/en-us/