TRANSPORT TECHNICS. INVESTIGATION OF ELEMENTS. RELIABILITY
Reducer with a planetary gear train for a hoisting mechanism of dangerous goods cranes
- 1 University of Chemical Technology and Metallurgy, Sofia, Bulgaria
- 2 University of Rijeka, Croatia
In addition to the universal requirements for handling (lifting and transport) machines (HM), HM for dangerous goods (hot molten metal, containers with chemicals, explosives, etc.) must also meet a number of special requirements. One of these requirements is the drive of the hoisting mechanism with two motors, to ensure in case one of them fails.
The article discusses a reducer for the hoisting mechanism of an overhead crane for dangerous goods with an embedded planetary gear train, allowing both motors to operate at full power (and without overload) in both regular and emergency (in failure) mode. The different modes of work of the mechanism are considered (with both motors and with each one separately). An analysis of the possible kinematic schemes of the planetary gear train is made. The necessary kinematic calculations have been made to select the most suitable variant of the planetary gear train.
- ASME NOG-1-2010 Rules for Construction of Overhead and Gantry Cranes (Top Running Bridge, Multiple Girder).
- ASME NUM-1-2009 Rules for Construction of Cranes, Monorails, and Hoists (With Bridge or Trolley or Hoist of the Underhung Type).
- Arnaudov, K., D. Karaivanov. Planetary gear trains. Sofia: Bulgarian Academy of Sciences Publ. “Prof. Marin Drinov”, 2017, 368 p., ISBN 978-954-322-885-0. (in Bulgarian)
- Arnaudov, K., D. Karaivanov. Planetary gear trains. Boca Raton [FL, USA]: CRC Press, 2019, 358 p., ISBN 978-1-138- 31185-5.
- BDS 15164-80 Safety precautions. Weight lifting cranes. Steel ropes, drums, roller blocks, and chain cogwheels.
- BDS 16879-88 Safety. Hoisting cranes. Requirements to drive mechanisms.
- EN 13135:3013 Cranes – Safety – Design – Requirements for equipment.
- Huang, W. at all. Using an expanded Safety Failure Event Network to analyze railway dangerous goods transportation system risk-accident. Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries Volume 65, May 2020, 104122. doi.org/10.1016/j.jlp.2020.104122.
- Mryankov, G., R. Radev. Load-handling machines. Sofia, Tehnika, 1973. (in Bulgarian)
- Theochari, G., S. Troha, D. Karaivanov. Some requirements to the mechanisms of handling machines for dangerous goods and solutions for their satisfaction. Proceedings of the XVII Int. Sc. Congress “Machines, Technologies, Materials”. 09- 12.09.2020, Varna, Bulgaria, pp. 12-15. ISSN 2535-0021 (Print), ISSN 2535-003X (Online)