In recent years, accidents in maritime transport of bulk cargoes which are able to liquefy have sharply increased, resulting in total loss of vessels and crew casualties. In order to increase safety at sea, it is necessary to examine circumstances leading to cargo liquefaction on board vessels and the precautionary measures which should be taken, before commencement of loading of such kind of cargoes.
- IMSBC Code (incorporating amendments 05-19), 2020 Edition;
- International Code on Intact Stability 2008, 2020 Edition;
- SOLAS Consolidated Edition 2020;
- INTERCARGO, Bulk Carrier Casualty Report Years 2010 to 2019 and trends;
- UNCTAD, Review of Maritime Transport 2020;
- Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty, Safety and Shipping Re-view 2020;
- IMO, Global Integrated Shipping Information System.