Mobility as a Service (MaaS) is a solution, which unites travel services by integrating multimodal route planning, reservation, payment, and ticketing options. MaaS development mainly focus on the provision of a user-centered, intelligent, and personalized urban solution with the cooperation of public and private transportation service providers. The main point of the concept is that a new actor, the MaaS operator, is being established between the transportation service and the user. The establishment of the MaaS concept might happen on different integration levels. Examining the international market, the applications in the comparison do not differ to a great extent. The basis of the realization when developing MaaS is the provision of a high level of service with real time route planning and electronic payment for public transport services. There is a huge interest of providing a suitable MaaS solution by overcoming the technological challenges, by setting of business models, and by examining its applicability in a real-world environment.
- Hietanen S. (2014) “Mobility as a Service” – The new transport model?, Eurotransport, Vol. 12, Issue 2, pp. 2-4.
- MaaS Alliance, (2017) MaaS-White Paper, https://maas-alliance.eu/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2017/09/MaaS-WhitePaper_final_040917-2.pdf
- Transport System Catapult (2016) Exploring the opportunity for Mobility as a Service in the UK, https://ts.catapult.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Mobility-as-a- Service_Exploring-the-Opportunity-for-MaaS-in-the-UK-Web.pdf
- Kamargianni M., M. Matyas (2017) The Business Ecosystem of Mobility as a Service. 96th Transportation Research Board (TRB) Annual Meeting, Washington DC, USA, 8-12 January 2017.
- Eckhard J., Aapaoja A., Nykanen L., Sochor J. (2017) Mobility as a Service business and operator models, 12th ITS European Congress, Strasbourg, France, 19-22 June 2017.
- Sochor J., Arby H., Karlsson M. (2017) The topology of Mobility as a Service: A tool for understanding effects on business and society, user behavior, and technological requirements, 24th World Congress on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Montreal, Canada, 29-31 October 2017.
- MaaS4EU project (2020) MaaS policy framework, http://www.maas4eu.eu/download-area/documents-reports