In this paper, the problems in redesigning a new track layout of an existing railway station according to the reqirements in the TSI “Infrastructure” and Ordinance No. 55 are examined and analyzed in the case of maintaining mainline operation during construction. The paper has been compiled on the basis of experience in designing the track layout of 3 existing railway stations from the Bulgarian network, as well as experience working with the current regulations and interoperability reqirements of the railway systems in the EU. The necessities for making changes in vertical and horizontal track alignment and switch layout are considered in opposition to the technolog ical, electrical and gauge limitations when carrying out construction works without the complete disruption of railway traffic. The conclusions of the report are formulated as guidelines for good practices when redesigning an existing layout – the practices that fully satisfy the imperative norms and balances between contradictory equirements.
- Commission Regulation (EU) No 1299/2014 of 18 November 2014 https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/...
- Commission Regulation (EU) No 1300/2014 of 18 November 2014 https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/...
- Ordinance № 55 of 29 January 2004. On the design and construction of railway lines, railway stations, level crossings and other elements of the railway infrastructure, prom. in SG no. 42 / 16.08.2005
- Instruction for construction and maintenance of the superstructure of the railway and railway switches, Sofia, 2018. https://rail-infra.bg/bg/35
- Razgrad station instruction of operations, NRIC https://rail-infra.bg/bg/304
- Pliska station instruction of operations, NRIC https://rail-infra.bg/bg/304
- Hitrino station instruction of operations, NRIC https://rail-infra.bg/bg/304
- Train schedules 2010 - 2020
- Ordinance № 4 of 27 March 1997 on railway crossings, prom. in SG no. 145 / 01.04.2004
- Ordinance № 6 of November 26, 2003. On build ing an accessible environment in urban areas, prom. in SG no. 109 / 02.09.2005
- Reference document of the railway network 2020-2021. Version 04 / 30.10.2020, State Enterprise National Railway Infrastructure Company https://www.rail-infra.bg/bg/78