The paper deal with methods for hardfacing used in small and medium sized ship repair enterprise. The difference between welding and hardfacing are explained. In first part of the paper are analyzed disadvantages and advantages of arc hardfacing welding methods, materials and consumables in hardfacing. After that are described two case studies from ship repair industry. In ship repair SME with restricted resource some of hardfacing methods are not applicable. In this paper are described hardfacing methods which are applicable in this type of ship repair yard.
- Afrox Product Reference Manual, Hardfacing, section 12
- Authors own picture archive
- ESAB, Repair and maintenance welding handbook, second edition
- Gowlthaman, K., Saiqanesh, J., Rejamanikam, C., Determination of submerged arc welding process parameters using Taguchi method and regression analysis, 2007, Indian Journal of Engineering and Material Science, p. 177-183;.
- Indian Railways Centre for Advanced Maintenance technology, Maharajpur, Gwalior, Handbook on Welding Techniques, CAMTECH/ E/ 14-15/ Welding/1.0
- Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, Guidelines for shelted metal arc welding(SMAW), 2018, USA;
- Pradeep,G., Ramesh, A., Durga Prasad, B., A review of hardfacing processes and materials, 2010, International Journal of Engineering Sciencye and Technology, Vol. 2(11),pp. 6507-6510;
- Weldability, An introduction to MIG welding, WWS Group;
- Welding Alloys Group, Fundamentals of hardfacing, 2018,
- МИ, Регистър на МСП, РБ, Министерство на икономиката, [Онлайн.