The FSAE competition is a student engineering competition that involves designing, constructing, and building a small racing car. Students from different universities compete on auto-moto sports tracks. The competition’s judges are eminent experts in marketing, automotive engineering, and racing car engineering. In class IC, engines are used as power units. One of the main limitations is that all intake air must pass through a diameter of 20 mm. One of the main challenges facing student competitors is solving this problem, and the convergent-divergent jet is one of the possible solutions to the problem. In this paper, CFD simulations were used to examine the influence of the divergent part of the restrictor on the total mass flow at the nozzle exit. A diagram of the dependence of the mass flow on the half-angle of the divergent part was obtained. For the CFD simulation, ANSYS Fluent was used, which proved to be very good for examining the mentioned influence.
- Versteeg, H. K., & Malalasekera, W. (2007). An introduction to computational fluid dynamics: the finite volume method. Pearson education.
- Mohamad, B., Karoly, J., & Zelentsov, A. (2020). CFD modeling of formula student car intake system. Facta Universitatis, Series: Mechanical Engineering, 18(1), 153-163.
- Patidar, L., & Bhamidipati, S. R. (2014). Parametric study of drag force on a formula student electric race car using CFD. In Applied Mechanics and Materials (Vol. 575, pp. 300-305). Trans Tech Publications Ltd.
- Christoffersen, L., Söderblom, D., & Löfdahl, L. (2009, July). Optimizing the cooling air flow of a formula car using cfd. In Proceedings of the European Automotive Simulation Conference.
- Vivek, S., Pathak, R., & Singh, R. (2020). CFD Analysis, Analytical Solution, and Experimental Verification for Design and Analysis of Air Intake of Formula Student Car. In Recent Trends in Mechanical Engineering: Select Proceedings of ICIME 2019 (pp. 553-566). Springer Singapore.
- Kishore, R., Nivethan, M. H., Khumar, S. P., & Bharathi, A. A. (2022, November). Design and CFD analysis of undertray diffuser for formula student car. In AIP Conference Proceedings (Vol. 2446, No. 1, p. 180053). AIP Publishing LLC.
- Dharmawan, M. A., Tjahjana, D. D. P., Kristiawan, B., & Pertiwi, S. I. (2020, April). Design and aerodynamics analysis of rear wing formula student car using 3 dimension CFD (computational fluid dynamics). In AIP Conference Proceedings (Vol. 2217, No. 1, p. 030166). AIP Publishing LLC.
- Jackson, F. F. (2018). Aerodynamic optimisation of Formula student vehicle using computational fluid dynamics. Fields: journal of Huddersfield student research, 4(1), 40-65.
- Wengrzyn, O. (2021). Validation of CFD predictions for flow over a full-scale formula student vehicle using PIV in real conditions. Journal of TransLogistics, 7(1).
- Sedlacek, F., & Skovajsa, M. (2016). Optimization of an intake system using CFD numerical simulation. Proceedings in Manufacturing Systems, 11(2), 71.
- Kamath, S. R., MP, P. K., Shashank, S. N., Damodaran, V., Anand, S. R., & Kulkarni, P. (2013). CFD and experimental optimization of formula SAE race car cooling air duct (No. 2013- 01-0799). SAE Technical Paper.
- Kang, N., & Yang, Y. (2014). Simulation and Analysis of Formula Racing Car’s Diffuser Based on CFD Technology. In Applied Mechanics and Materials (Vol. 685, pp. 191-194). Trans Tech Publications Ltd.
- Jadhav, J., Lad, S., Bhagat, P., More, K., & Patil, K. (2021). Study of Drag Around the Nose Cone of FSAE Vehicle using CFD Analysis. International Journal of Mechanical Handling and Automation, 7(1), 29-44.
- Isiadinso, C. C. (2016). NUMERICAL SIMULATION AND ANALYSIS OF HEAT TRANSFER AND FLUID FLOW IN FORMULA STUDENT VEHICLE COOLING SYSTEM.
- Permana, A. G. (2022). DESAIN DAN ANALISA AERODINAMIKA FRONT WING PADA MOBIL FORMULA STUDENT DENGAN MENGGUNAKAN SIMULASI CFD (COMPUTATIONAL FLUID DYNAMICS).
- Jackson, F. F., & Stetsyuk, V. Aerodynamic Optimisation of Formula SAE Vehicle using Computational Fluid Dynamics.
- Mohanan, A., Pandey, J. A., Gupta, A. V., Almeida, S. G., & Choudhari, D. Development of External Aerodynamics of an FSAE Racecar using Computational Fluid Dynamics.
- Formula Student Rules. (2022). SAE
- Lučić, M. (2022). Kinematic analysis of the slider-crank mechanism of an internal combustion (IC) engine using modern software. Mechanization in agriculture & Conserving of the resources, 68(1), 11-17.