Hydrogen has a good environmental performance, high energy characteristics, high burning rate and low ignition temperature. In case of using hydrogen as a primary fuel in an internal combustion engine, there is a drop in power and detonation combustion at high load modes, so hydrogen is best used in a composition with the primary fuel.
In the mode of partial load, the hydrogen content in the fuel mixture decreases, and it should decrease as the load increases, and in the mode of full load, its amount is minimal, which will allow us to maintain the power characteristics, otherwise the power will decline. The main thing is to know in which mode what should be the ratio of hydrogen and the primary fuel, which ensures the normal flow of the operation process, which will result in primary fuel economy and reducing the toxicity of exhaust gases.
Based on the studies conducted, we can conclude that it is preferable for the engine to work with a high content of hydrogen in the fuel
mixture at no load and at light loads, its concentration should decrease as the load increases.
- Bachana Markelia. Development of a technological process for using hydrogen obtained from hydrogen sulfide as an alternative fuel in transport internal combustion engines. Doctoral dissertation. ATSU 2019. 140p.
- M.M. Rusakov et al. The effect of adding hydrogen on toxicity of ICE in starting and warm-up modes.
- Proceeding of the Russian Scientific-Technical Conference with international participation. NO. 4. M.:2016.
- V. Gvetadze, T. Kochadze, k. Lortkipanidze. INCREASIBG THE EFFICIENCY OF THE COMBUSTION PROCESS BY USING ACTIVE ADDITIVES IN SHIP DIESEL ENGINES.
- S.V. Novoselov Study of the possibility of using hydrogen as a fuel for reciprocating internal combustion engines, Chemical Technology, 2016. p. 91-95.