Paper deals with a newly designed three-phase asynchronous electric motor with an application as a traction motor for driving compact battery-powered electric vehicles mainly in urban environments. The main characteristics of the motor are presented. The problems and solutions related to the sizing and optimization of the motor in the design according to various criteria and conditions are analyzed, with energy efficiency being the main determining factor.
- R. Ivanov, I. Evtimov, G. Kadikyanov, Electric vs Conventional Car. CAR2011, Piteshti, (2011), ISBN 1453-1100
- S. Rachev, “Study of dynamic behavior of induction motor drive for electric vehicle”, XI SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE BulEF 2019, Varna, IEEE Xplore. (https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9030759), (2019), ISBN 978-1-7281-2697-5
- S. Rachev, L. Dimitrov, D. Koeva, Features upon converting a conventional car into an electric car, TRANS MOTAUTO WORLD, Issue 2/2018, pp. 52-56, (2018), ISSN 2367-8399
- D. Dilov, E. Sokolov, Electric car propulsion with induction motor, 14th International Conference on Electrical Machines, Drives and Power Systems ELMA 2015, Proceedings, pp. 207- 211, (2015), ISSN 1314-4965
- E. Sokolov, D. Dilov, AC motors for battery powered vehicles, Journal of the Technical University – Sofia, vol. 63, book 5, pp. 305-312, (2013), ISSN 1311-0829