Information is perceived as the resource, that constitutes relationships in the network of enterprises and their customers, as well as extra-marketing value, which can be successfully implemented in IT environment, for example in the sector of waste disposal enterprises. That is why, the interactive contact and involvement of the stream supplier in researched sector, the intelligent processes of selection and recycling of communal waste, and commercial and marketing value of waste can be interesting as a source of marketing information for researchers and readers of this article. Therefore, smart methods of knowledge management, including marketing knowledge in the sector of waste management enterprises in the environment of IT solutions raise interest. The goal of the paper is to present three-sphere business model based on intelligent management of knowledge and competences in enterprises of the waste management sector. The main part of the paper will be focused on one of the sub-areas of the model, i.e. the subarea of knowledge commercialisation. This will be implemented through in-depth case study analysis.
- Adventures in Garbology: What Trash Can Tell Us by Jill Baguchinsky; available at: http://itech.fgcu.edu/&/issues/vol2/issue2/garbology.htm#top (accessed 15 March 2017)
- Alavi M., Leidner D. (1999), Knowledge Management systems: Emerging views and practices from the field. in: International Conference on System Sciences, p.239
- Alvarenga Neto R. C.D. (2008), Gestão do conhecimento em organizações: proposta de mapeamento conceitual integrativo [Knowledge management in organizations: an integrative conceptual mapping proposition]. São Paulo: Editora Saraiva (Saraiva Publishers)
- Bounfour A. (2003), The Management of Intangibles. The Organisation’s Most Valuable Assets. London: Routledge  Choo C.W. (1998), The Knowing Organization: How Organizations Use Information for Construct Meaning, Create Knowledge and Make Decisions. New York: Oxford Press
- Nonaka I., Konno N. (1998), The concept of „ba': building a foundation for knowledge creation. California Management Review, Vol. 40 No.3, pp. 40-54  Ordinance of the Minister of the Environment on packaging design patterns of 23 April 2004; available at: http://wlaczoszczedzanie.pl/znaki-ekologiczne/oznaczenia-produktow-ekologicznych/oznaczenie-opakowan-ze-wzgledu-nasklad-chemiczny/ (accessed 15 March 2017)
- Partnerstwo: Środowisko dla Rozwoju [Support for activities of the environmental networks and institutions managing EU funds. Partnership: environment for development] in 2014 from Resources of 2014 Technical Assistance Operational Programme 2007-2013 within Priority III – Support for execution of structural funds operation; Action 3.1. – „Functioning of institutions involved in NSRF”. Executor: Consortium: Uniwersytet Zielonogórski i Zakład Utylizacji Odpadów Spółka z o.o., [University of Zielona Góra and Waste Disposal Facility limited liability company] Zielona Góra 2015, available at: www.ekspertyzambp.com.pl (accessed: 1 December 2016).
- Perry Ch. (2001), Case Research In Marketing. “The Marketing Review”, No 1, p.305
- Regulation of the Minister of the Environment of 27 September 2001 on the waste catalogue – Dziennik Ustaw [Journal of Law] No. 112/2001, item. 1206
- Regulation of the Minister of the Environment of 27 September 2001 on the waste catalogue (Dz.U. [Journal of Law] 2001.112.1206).
- Rybczynski W. (1992), We Are What We Throw Away; “The New York Times”, available at: http://www.nytimes.com/1992/07/05/books/we-are-what-wethrow-away.html, (accessed: 16 March 2017)
- Sustainable Development Through Knowledge Management on the Example of Public Utilities Enterprise in IT Environment. Business and Management Studies Vol. 2, No.1, March 2016
- Sztangret I. (2016), Sustainable Development Through Knowledge Management on the Example of Public Utilities Enterprise in IT Environment. “Business and Management Studies” Vol. 2, No.1, March 2016, pp.65-72
- Sztangret I. (2016a), Eco-innovative business model of global organizations of information system products in the light of sustainable development concept, China, in: Economic Development and Innovation as Drivers of Growth in Northeast Asia. K.S. Fam, N. Xing, W. Liu
- Von Krogh G., Ichijo K., Nonaka I. O. (2000), Enabling knowledge creation: how to unlock the mystery of tacit knowledge and release the power of innovation. Oxford; New York, Oxford University Press
- The Act of 27th April 2001. Environmental Protection Law, clause 35, 143 of the Act on waste
- Żabińska, T., Żabiński, L. (eds.) (2007), Zarządzanie marketingowe. Koncepcje marketingu a praktyki zarządzania. Aspekty teoretyczne i badawcze [Marketing management. Marketing concepts and management practices. Theoretical and research aspects]. Publisher: AE Katowice [University of Economics in Katowice], p.83.