VEHICLE ENGINES. APPLICATION OF FUELS TYPES. EFFICIENCY
Methane number influence on the dual fuel four stroke marine engine performance at high load range
- 1 Nikola Vaptsarov naval Academy Varna, Bulgaria
In the present publication it is considered the technology and the features of the operation of the newly introduced in the marine industry wide spreading dual fuel four stroke engines. There are analysed the significant differences between the conventional Diesel engines and the dual fuel Otto engines in their operation process. The influence of the gas fuel quality in the case of the dual fuel engines is in the main concern underlined. Simulation based experiment is carried out for data attaining, related to the performance of the dual fuel engines influenced by the fuel quality on high load range. The acquired data is analysed, and evaluation of the engine derating outcome is performed. On the base of the results are stated conclusions and recommendations to be followed by the engineering crew members dealing with such kind of engines on board LNG fuelled ships.
- D Popov, Investigation of the influence of diesel fuels (standard diesel fuel and standard diesel fuel after treatment with ANSTOTECH device) on specific fuel oil consumption of marine diesel engine type SKL 3NVD24, XVIII International scientific congress MACHINES. TECHNOLOGIES. MATERIALS, YEAR IV, ISSUE 1 (18), pp 31-34, Borovets, Bulgaria (2021), ISSN 2535- 003X (ONLINE).
- I. Bakalov; D Popov, Investigation of the influence of diesel fuels (standard diesel fuel and standard diesel fuel after treatment with ANSTOTECH device) on the average temperature of marine diesel engine type SKL 3NVD24, XVIII International scientific congress MACHINES. TECHNOLOGIES. MATERIALS, YEAR IV, ISSUE 1 (18), pp 34 -38, Borovets, Bulgaria (2021), ISSN 2535-003X (ONLINE).
- D. Vasilev; H. Hristov; G. Lyutskanov, Working Parameters of a DP Vessel Power Plant. First International Marine Engineering Conference, Varna, (2018), pp. 180-186. ISBN 978- 619-7428-31-5.
- H. Hristov; I. Bakalov; B. Shopov; D. Yovkov, Modeling of the dependence of the produced amount of hydrogen gas (y) on the amperage of cell (x) of a marine diesel engine SKL 3NVD24. Pedagogika-Pedagogy, Volume 93, Number 6s, (2021) (https://doi.org/10.53656/ped21-6s.24mod).
- H. Hristov; I. Bakalov; B. Shopov; D. Yovkov, Modeling of the dependence of CO2 contained in the exhaust gases on the amount of hydrogen gas supplied to the engine. Pedagogika- Pedagogy, Volume 93, Number 6s, (2021) (https://doi.org/10.53656/ped21-6s.24mod).
- H. Hristov; J. Moskov, Application of mathematical models for evaluating the consequences of damages on crankshaft of slow speed marine diesel engine, Морски научен форум, стр. 69-73, ВВМУ „Н. Й. Вапцаров”, (2016), ISSN: 1310-9278.
- K. Nedev, An investigation of control system for ship cleaning equipment, First International Marine Engineering Conference, Engineering Faculty Nikola Vaptsarov Naval Academy, Varna, (2018), pp. 141-147. ISBN 978-619-7428-31-5.
- M. Vasilev, New challenges against instructors for marine engineers, Trans&Motauto (2015), Varna
- M. Vasilev, Usage of FESTO simulator for marine systems, Trans&Motauto (2015), Varna
- Wartsila land & sea academy, Wartsila 50DF engine operation manual, (2010)
- Sh. Xu; D. Anderson; M. Hoffman, A phenomenological combustion analysis of a dual-fuel natural-gas diesel engine (2016), Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering, V 231 issue: 1, pp 66-83, https://doi.org/10.1177/0954407016633337
- И. Бакалов, Използване на симулационен комплекс за провеждане на обучение и тренировки по борба с пожари Морски научен форум, том 2, Варна (2016)
- И. Бакалов, Р. Бакалова, Използване на алтернативни горива в корабните дизелови двигатели, икономически фактор. Шумен, Конференция с международно участие "МАТТЕХ 2014". ISSN: 1314-3921 стр. 228 - стр. 232