Hydrometric monitoring of rivers in conditions of ehtreme phenomena-methodical and tehnological inovations
- 1 National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology, Bulgaria Academy of Science, Bulgaria
High water levels in the conditions of extreme events are a characteristic phase of the river runoff in the order of several hours passing huge volumes of water. The drainage is characterized by turbulent state, significant velocities and depths, which change rapidly and cause pronounced uneven and unsteady process. Water quantities may exceed a few hundred times their annual average, causing large spills in river valleys, and the deep depth and dragging force of the stream are a natural disaster causing huge damage with the possibility of human casualties.
- Plamen Ninov - Determination of characteristic high flow at ungauged river stretches using hydrographic characteristics of the region and at monitored stretches, Bulgarian Journal of Meteorology and Hydrology, book. 5, vol. 17, 2012
- Plamen Ninov., Tziavtka Karagiozova, 2010, Development Of The Hydrological Model For The Upper Vit Watershed By HECHMS With Regard To Identification Of Missing High Waves, In:Proceedings of Fourth International Conference onWater Observation and Information System for Decision Support BALWOIS2010, Ohrid, Republic of Macedonia 25 to 29 May 2010. Full papers-CD. p.9
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Eng. Vladia Subkova Institute of Soil Science, Agrotechnology and Plant Protection WATER MEASURING DEVICES FOR THE OPEN CHANNELS OF THE IRRIGATION SYSTEMS
- Prof. Dr. Eng. Evelin Simeonov Monev - Engineering Hydrology and Hydraulics - Hydrological and Hydraulic Calculations, Water Supply Equipment, Correction, Drainage, Inspection and Targeting of Overflow Systems.