Water purification from different pollutants by activated carbons
- 1 Institute of Organic Chemistry with Centre of Phytochemistry, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Acad. G. Bonchev str., BL. 9, 1113 Sofia, Bulgaria
Nanoporous activated carbons were prepared by hydropyrolysis processing from various biomass precursors – apricot stones, been pods, bamboo, etc. The obtained carbon adsorbents are distinguished with moderately high surface area and prevailing microporous structure. Their properties determine their application as effective adsorbents for removal of organic (phenols, etc.) and inorganic pollutants (metal ions, etc.).
- Gergova, K.; Petrov, N.; Eser, S. Adsorption properties and microstructure of activated carbons produced from agricultural by-products by steam pyrolysis. Carbon 1994, 32, 693-702.
- Savova, D.; Apak, E.; Ekinci, E.; Ferhat Yardim, M.; Petrov N.; Budinova, T.; Razvigorova, M.; Minkova, V.; Biomass conversion to carbon adsorbents and gas. Biomass Bioen. 2001, 21, 133-142.
- Bacaoui, A.; Yaacoubi, A.; Dahbi, A.; Bennouna, C.; Phan Tan Luu, R.; Maldonado-Hodar, F.J.; Rivera-Utrilla, J.; MorenoCastilla, C., Optimization of conditions for the preparation of activate carbon from olive waste cakes. Carbon 2001, 39, 425- 432.
- Ryu, Z.; Rong, H.; Zheng, J.; Wang, M.; Zhang, B. Microstructure and chemical analysis of PAN-based activated carbon fibers prepared by different activation methods. Carbon 2002, 40, 1144-1147.
- Park, S.-J.; Jung, W.-Y. Preparation and structural characterization of activated carbons based on polymer resin. J. Colloid Interface Sci. 2002, 250, 196-200.
- San Miguel, G.; Fowler, G. D.; Sollars, C. J. A study of the characteristics of activated carbons produced by stream and carbon dioxide activation of waste tyre rubber. Carbon 2003, 41, 1009-1016.
- Tamai, H.; Kouzu, M.; Yasuda, H. Preparation of highly mesoporous and high surface area activated carbons from vinylidene chloride copolymer containing yttrium acetylacetonate. Carbon 2003, 41, 1678-1681.
- Khezami, L.; Chetouani, A.; Taouk, B.; Capart, B. Production and characterization of activated carbon from wood components in powdered: cellulose, lignin, xylan. Powder Technol. 2005, 157, 48-56.
- Ania, C. O.; Parra, J.-B.; Arenillas, A.; Rubiera, F.; Bandosz, T. J.; Pis, J. J. On the mechanism of reactive adsorption of dibenzothiophene on organic waste derived carbons. Appl. Surf. Sci. 2007, 253, 5899-5903.
- Petrov, N.; Budinova, T.; Razvigorova, M.; Parra, J.-B.; Galiatsatou, P. Conversion of olive wastes to volatiles. Biomass Bioen. 2008, 32, 1303-1310.
- Budinova, T.; Savova, D.; Tsyntsarski, B.; Ania, C. O.; Cabal, B.; Parra, J.-B., Petrov, N. Biomass waste-derived activated carbon for the removal of arsenic and manganese ions from aqueous solution. Appl. Surf. Sci. 2009, 255, 4650-4657.
- Asasian, N.; Kaghazchi, T.; Soleimani, M. Elimination of mercury by adsorption onto activated carbon prepared from the biomass material. J. Ind. Eng. Chem. 2012, 18, 283-89.