MECHANIZATION IN AGRICULTURE
Research of combustion engine oil quality over exploitation period
- 1 Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Design – Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania
Different types of oil are used widely in all over the world. It is used for lowering friction force at the contact zones, e. g., bearings, gears and other areas where at least one element is moving in relation to another one. Several types of oils find place in automotive industry: mineral, semi-synthetic and synthetic. Over the time oil characteristics were improved by enriching with different additives. Special additives can reduce friction forces, present better wash of abrasion products, extend oil life, etc.
This article deals with the research of degradation of oil lubrication quality in vehicle combustion engine over the exploitation period.
Quantity of contaminating particles in oil sample was determined by optical microscopy. Oil film strength test was performed with oil samples used after various exploitation periods.
- Experimental Aircraft Info. Available in: https://www.experimentalaircraft.info/articles/engine-lubrication- 6.php
- 2016 Service and Maintenance Guide. Available in: https://owners.nissanusa.com/content/techpub/common/2016/2016- nissan-service-maintenance-guide.pdf
- Jučas P. Exploitation Materials. Kaunas, 2007, 61-67 p.
- Oil Analysis Handbook. Predictive Equipment Maintenance. Third Edition. Available in: https://info.spectrosci.com/oil-analysis-handbook-download
- ASTM D2782-20 Standard Test Method for Measurement of Extreme-Pressure Properties of Lubricating Fluids (Timken Method).
- OPTIMIZING OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. Available in: https://www.macallister.com/parts-service/service-solutions/machine-fluid-analysis/optimizing-oil-change-intervals/
- Ewa Rostek, Maciej Babiak. The experimental analysis of engine oil degradation utilizing selected thermoanalytical methods. 13th International Scientific Conference on Sustainable, Modern and Safe Transport (TRANSCOM 2019), High Tatras, Novy Smokovec – Grand Hotel Bellevue, Slovak Republic, May 29-31, 2019. Transportation Research Procedia 40 (2019) 82–89.
- Original Ford Motor Oil. Available in: https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/service-and-maintenance/service-promotions/castrol-products
- Used Engine Oil Analysis. User Interpretation Guide 16-17p., elaborated by the CIMAC Working Group ‘Marine Lubricants’ in May.
- Used Lube Oil Analysis and Analytical Ferrography. Available in: https://www.academia.edu/40653688/Used_Lube_Oil_Analysis_an d_Analytical_Ferrography
- R.K.Upadhyay. Microscopic technique to determine various wear modes of used engine oil. Journal of Microscopy and Ultrastructure Volume 1, Issue 3, December 2013, 11-114.