To determine the evapotranspiration of the pepper, variety “Golden Medal” grown in plastic unheated greenhouses in an experimental test field in Chelopechene, Sofia region, irrigation options were tested from fully satisfying the crop’s water needs to 20% and 30% increased irrigation of irrigation rates and a variant irrigated with 100% irrigation rate. An environmentally friendly and watersaving irrigation technique was used. The evapotranspiration of the culture and the evaporation from a free water surface were experimentally determined. Based on the calculated values of evapotranspiration and evaporation from a free water surface (evaporation) determined by a class “A” evaporation pan, the values of the biological coefficient of the culture in unheated plastic greenhouses were calculated, and the average for the vegetation period of pepper is 1.35.
- Aboamera, M. 1992. Irrigation Regime and Technology for Growing Some Vegetables in Unheated Plastic Greenhouses with Drip Irrigation. – Ph. D. Thesis, Poushkarov Institute for Soil Science, Agrotechnology and Plant Protection, Sofia.
- Alpatiev, A. M. 1966. Bio-climate and Irrigation Regime of Agricultural Crops. – Proceedings Biological Bases of Irrigation Agriculture, Agricultural Science Moskva 23-
- Dulov, Sl. , 1976 Evapotranspiration and Forecasting of Watering in Tomatoes and Peppers, Ph. D. Thesis ,Agricultural University-Plovdiv
- Freeman, B., Carzoli. 1980. Localized Irrigation. – FAO, Irrigation and Drainage, 36-43.
- Cristiansen, I., E. Bescind. 1976. Irrigated from Evapotranspiration. – Report, ICCD 7th Congress, Mexico City, 2(1), p. 36.
- Kireva, R. 1987. Irrigation Regime of Pepper Grown in Unheated Plastic Greenhouses with Drip Irrigation. – Ph. D. Thesis, Poushkarov Institute for Soil Science, Agrotechnology and Plant Protection, Sofia, p. 70.
- Goldberg, S. D. 1967. Relation between Water Consumption of Peanuts and Class A Pan Evaporation during the Growing Season. – Soil Science, 104(4), 45-52