Today’s customer has more choices than ever. Customers always have had high expectations about what is in the items they buy. This desire for clarity has heightened the need for supply chains to provide more, and more granular, content. To succeed in today’s business environment, companies need to meet consumer demand for in-depth product information across a variety of shopping channels, with greater specificity, than in the past. Excellence in business is driven by consistent information. Today technology and innovation enable a much closer connection between the buyer and seller, paving new paths for experience and sales. Using them to build the hyperpersonalized supply chain that delivers exactly what the customer wants, when, where and how they want it will become the paradigm of modern supply chain management. Personalization (creating a progressively better customer experience by using technology and data to meet and anticipate its needs in a way that makes their interactions easier) is a growing challenge, particularly for supply chains strongly influenced by global competitors. Personalization is fueled by new technologies and new data sources, all leading to more impactful customers insights. In this paper we will examine how personalization today is not only a strategic imperative for companies, but also for their supply chain partners in order to reach better profitability and increased customer lifetime value.
- Alza History - Then and Now. Available at: https://www.alzashop.com/history-present-art141.htm [10.03.2019]
- Amazon to acquire organic supermarket chain Whole Foods Market for $13.7 billion. Available at: https://venturebeat.com/2017/06/16/amazon-to-acquirewhole-foods-market-for-13-7-billion/ [12.02.2019]
- Barac, N., Milovanović, G. (2006). Strategijski menadžment logistike. Niš: SKC Niš.
- IRI: Consumers Turn To Online Shopping For MoneySaving Opportunities. Available at: https://www.theshelbyreport.com/2018/01/19/iri-consumerconfidence-online-shopping/ [22.03.2019]
- Milovanović, G. (2018). The Effects of Global Market Changes on Characteristics and Functioning of Contemporary Supply Chains. 4th INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC BUSINESS CONFERENCE: LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT - LIMEN 2018, Belgrade, Serbia, December 13, pp. 66-72.
- Milovanović, G., Milovanović, S., Popović, G. (2018). Uticaj prirodnih katastrofa na lance snabdevanja. Megatrend revija, Vol. 15 (1), pp. 139-157.
- Most expensive acquisitions by Amazon as of June 2018 (in million U.S. dollars). Available at: https://www.statista.com/statistics/192309/price-ofselected-acquisitions-by-amazon-since-1999/ [15.02.2019]
- MyBuys Announces MyAds GeoTargeting to Help Retailers Drive Online Traffic Into Brick-and-Mortar Stores. Available at: http://www.marketwired.com/pressrelease/mybuys-announces-myads-geotargeting-helpretailers-drive-online-traffic-into-brick-mortar-1918996.htm [20.03.2019]
- Personalization through the Supply Chain: Using Accurate Product Content to Drive BtoC and BtoB performance. Available at: www.GLD_Whitepaper_final_pages%20(3).pdf [22.02.2019]
- Piller, F.T., and Tseng, M.M. (Eds.) (2004). Handbook of Research in Mass Customization and Personalization. Singapore: World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd.
- Radosavljević, M. (2016). ”Mašina pravila” ekspertski sistem dokazivanja zasnovan na pravilima. Master thesis. Belgrade: Faculty of Mathematics.
- The Hyper-Personalized Supply Chain is Coming: Are You Ready? Available at: http://spendmatters.com/2017/07/17/hyper-personalizedsupply-chain-coming-ready/ [09.03.2019]
- Unilever’s Andrea Marchiotto On Why Personalisation Is Here To Stay. Available at: https://www.savantevents.com/unilevers-andrea-marchiotto-on-personalisation/ [14.03.2019]
- Was Acquiring Whole Foods Amazon's 'Bridge Too Far'? Available at: https://www.forbes.com/sites/brittainladd/2018/12/20/wasacquiring-whole-foods-amazons-bridge-toofar/#2b9aafd51638 [22.02.2019]
- 8 Amazing Things People Said When Online Shopping Was Born 20 Years Ago. Available at: http://money.com/money/3108995/online-shopping-historyanniversary/ [04.03.2019]