Humanity enters Industry 4.0. It is characterized by the emergence of numerous innovative technologies that should be produced in “smart” factories. However, this presents the entire Western world with a problem. Talking about the industry for machines, we immediately talk about machine engineers who power this industry. However, in the West, the crisis with this type of personnel is severe because of our previous ideology – “Knowledge Economy” which diverted many of the finest young people towards social science specialties and above all, those related to economics and management. Therefore, the West, is tasked with creating a new quality industry for machines without the engineering personnel to secure this process.This report presents a new approach to bring back the previous and well-deserved prestige of the all-important engineering profession through a fourth and final engineering wave in the development of a holistic business model ontology, a wave that will also generate a new quality of systemic economic engineers – the necessary engineering capital for realizing Industry 4.0.
- ―History of the MBA,‖ MBA Today, [Online]. Available: https://www.mba.today/guide/mba-history.
- F. Taylor, in Научното управление (Scientific management), Sofia, Профиздат, 1989, pp. 20-21.
- H. Towne, ―Transactions of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Volume VII,‖ The engineer as economist, vol. VII, 1886.
- ―Рейтингова система на висшите училища в България (Rating system of the Bulgarian institutions for higher education),‖ Министерство на образованието и науката (Bulgarian Ministry of education and sciense), [Online]. Available: https://rsvu.mon.bg/rsvu4/#/detailedcomparison.
- ―Digest of Education Statistics,‖ National center for education statistics, [Online]. Available: https://nces.ed.gov/.
- ―Graduates by education level, programme orientation, sex and field of education,‖ Eurostat, [Online]. Available: https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/data/database.
- Д. Черкезова, ―Инженерите са ни важни (Our engineers are important),‖ Капитал, [Online]. Available: https://www.karieri.bg/news/34329_injenerite_sa_ni_vajni.
- O. W. Wight, Manufacturing Resource Planning: MRP II Unlocking America's Productivity Potential, Oliver Wight Limited Publications, Inc., 1981, p. 7.
- S. Stefanov and T. Stefanov, ―Restoring the prestige of engineering education through a fourth engineering wave in the development of the fundamental scientific knowledge of economy,‖ European Society of Engineering Education, 2022.
- T. Stefaonv and P. Bachvarov, Business Model Ontology: The Basis for Digital Reform of Economic Science, 2022.
- S. Stefanov and G. Velev, Digital reform of Economic Science: Vision for a New Road in the History of the Future, 2022.