THEORETICAL FOUNDATIONS AND SPECIFICITY OF MATHEMATICAL MODELLING
MAPPER ALGORITHM AND IT’S APPLICATIONS
- 1 Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering, ”Ss. Cyril and Methodius” University, Skopje, Macedonia
In this paper we analyze and apply one of the main algorithms of TDA (Topological Data Analysis), Mapper, on some real data sets. We use Mapper for visualization of a data sets, and we tend to get some insights if some key characteristics of the data are captured by the visualization and how they are connected with human perception of the data. Also, we will discuss if the visualization can make progress in further work.
- Gurjeet Singh, Facundo Mémoli and Gunnar Carlsson, “Topological Methods for the Analysis of High Dimensional Data Sets and 3D Object Recognition”, Eurographics Symposium on Point-Based Graphics, 2007
- Andrew W. Herring, “The Mapper Algorithm”, Western TDA Learning Seminar, Department of Mathematics, Western University, 2018
- Gunnar Carlsson, “Topology and data”. Bulletin of the American Mathematical Society, 46 (2), 2009, pp. 255–308.
- J. R. Munkres, Topology. vol. 2. Upper Saddle River: Prentice Hall, 2000
- llen Hatcher, Algebraic topology. Cambridge University Press, 2002
- Brittany Terese Fasy, Jisu Kim, Fabrizio Lecci, and Clément Maria. “Introduction to the R package tda. “, arXiv preprint arXiv:1411.1830, 2014.
- Reaven, G. M. and Miller, R. G. (1979). An attempt to define the nature of chemical diabetes using a multidimensional analysis. Diabetologia, 16, 17-24.
- http://bertrand.michel.perso.math.cnrs.fr/Enseignements/TDA/ Mapper.html
- Mariam Pirashvili, Lee Steinberg, Francisco Belchi Guillamon, Mahesan Niranjan, Jeremy G. Frey, Jacek Brodzki, “Improved understanding of aqueous solubility modeling through topological data analysis”, Journal of Cheminformatics, 2018