Urbanization and population growth in cities around the world have increased the degree of motorization, which ultimately results in congestion of the transport network within these cities. Traffic simulation tools are essential for the optimization and evaluation of variant solutions in road traffic. By analysing traffic parameters from simulation results it can be decided which variant solution is optimal without high financial inputs. In this paper, the most important simulation tools are explained. As a case study, one district in the City of Zagreb was chosen to present possibilities of simulation tools and their implementation in the evaluation of traffic solutions.
- M. Šoštarić, A. Ščukanec, Authorized lectures from the course Traffic Technology Designing, Faculty of Transport and Traffic Sciences, (2020)
- J. Ortuzar, L. Willumsen, Modelling Transport, Wiley, Hoboken, (2011)
- A. O. Diallo, G. Lozenguez, A. Doniec, R. Mandiau, Comparative Evaluation of Road Traffic Simulators based on Modeler’s Specifications: An Application to Intermodal Mobility Behaviors. Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Agents and Artificial Intelligence - ICAART 2021, (2021)
- J. Barceló, Fundamentals of Traffic Simulation, Springer, (2010)
- Master Plan of the transport system of the City of Zagreb, Zagreb county and Krapina-zagorje county, City of Zagreb, (2017)