In this study, we solve linear singularly perturbed two-point boundary value problems applying the collocation method based on mapped Chebyshev polynomials and simply computed collocation points. The proposed approach generates well-conditioned collocation matrices and produces highly accurate results if a suitable mapping function is used. Numerical results for a problem with a steep interior layer are presented.
- J.J.H. Miller, E. O’Riordan, G.I. Shishkin, Fitted Numerical Methods for Singular Perturbation Problems: Error Estimates in the Maximum Norm for Linear Problems in One and Two Dimensions, World Scientific, Singapore, 1996.
- P.A. Farrell, A.F. Hegarty, J.J.H. Miller, E. O’Riordan, G.I. Shishkin, Robust Computational Techniques for Boundary Layers, CRC Press, Boca Raton, 2000.
- H.-G. Ross, M. Stynes, L. Tobiska, Robust Numerical Methods for Singularly Perturbed Differential Equations, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2008.
- M.K. Kadalbajoo, K.C. Patidar, A survey of numerical techniques for solving singularly perturbed ordinary differential equations, A brief survey on numerical methods for solving singularly perturbed problems, Appl. Math. Comput. 130, 2-3 (2002), pp. 457-510.
- M. Kumar, P. Singh, H.K. Mishra, A recent survey on computational techniques for solving singularly perturbed boundary value problems, Int. J. Comput. Math. 84, 10 (2007), pp. 1439-1463.
- R.E. O'Malley, Singularly Perturbed Linear Two-Point Boundary Value Problems, SIAM Rev. 50, 3 (2008), pp. 459-482.
- M.K. Kadalbajoo, V. Gupta, A brief survey on numerical methods for solving singularly perturbed problems, Appl. Math. Comput. 217, 8 (2010), pp. 3641-3716.
- H.K. Mishra and S. Saini, Various Numerical Methods for Singularly Perturbed Boundary Value Problems, Am. J. Appl. Math. Stat. 2, 3 (2014), pp. 129-142.
- F. Z. Geng, S. P. Qian, S. Li, A numerical method for singularly perturbed turning point problems with an interior layer, J. Comput. Appl. Math. 255 (2014), pp. 97-105.
- L.-B. Liu, G. Long, Z. Huang, A. Ouyang, Rational spectral collocation and differential evolution algorithms for singularly perturbed problems with an interior layer, J. Comput. Appl. Math. 335 (2018), pp. 312-322.
- D. Kumar, A parameter-uniform method for singularly perturbed turning point problems exhibiting interior or twin boundary layers, Int. J. Comput. Math. 96, 5 (2019), pp. 865-882.
- J.J. Tapia, P.G. López, Adaptive pseudospectral solution of a diffuse interface model, J. Comput. Appl. Math. 224, 1 (2009), pp. 101-117.