The paper presents research on the development of ionizing radiation source of iridium-192 for gamma-ray flaw detector. Nuclear-physical processes of neutron activation of natural iridium on a nuclear reactor have been studied. Iridium disks were irradiated with neutrons of the VVR-SM reactor, radiochemical methods were used to reprocess iridium disks, hermetic sources of Iridium-192 were manufactured, The iridium-192 source was placed in the source holder and equipped with gamma-defectoscope (gamma-ray flaw detector) of Gammarid-192/120M.
With a gamma-ray flaw detector with iridium-192 source, non-destructive testing of welded pipeline seam was carried out. X-ray photographs of non-destructive testing of welded seams were obtained, according to the sensitivity, which meet the requirements of the GOST-7512-82 «Control nondestructive control. Connections welded. Radiographic method».
- Gamma-defectoscope type of «Gammarid-192». The description and the maintenance instruction. Moscow. 1988. p.7;
- P.G.Afanasev, T.B.Ashrapov, N.Abdusalamov, etc. Research Of Spatial Distribution of Thermal Neutrons Stream in Active Zones of Research Nuclear Reactors by Means of Small-sized Thermo-neutrone Gauges. IV All-Union Meeting on Metrology of Neutron Radiation on Reactors and Accelerators. Moscow, 1985. P.67-68;
- Yuldashev B.S., Ashrapov T.B., Mirzaev N.M., Ashrapov U.T. Container for irradiation of samples in reactor. // Preliminary patent of Republic Uzbekistan # IDP04633. 2000;
- Ashrapov U.T., Ergashev Kh.A., Makhkamov Sh.M.. Method of Leak Tightness Control of Ionization Radiation Source. Preliminary patent of Republic Uzbekistan. #4943.1997;
- Levin V.I.Reception of radioactive isotopes//Moscow, Atomizdat. 1972. P. 25;
- Levin V.E. The nuclear physics and nuclear reactors// Moscow, Atomizdat 1979. P.161;
- Passport #15/14 for the Iridium-192 experimental source with Iridium-192 radionuclide.// Institute of Nuclear Physics of Academy Sciences of Republic Uzbekistan. Tashkent, 2014. p 4;
- GOST--7512-82 «Control not destroying. Connections welded. Radiographic method ». Standards Publishing House // Moscow, 1982. p- 22