Ultrasonic non-destructive method has been applied to investigate different types of optical polymeric materials. Attenuation coefficients and paths lengths of normal incidence shear waves in the materials have been determined by means of the pulse -echo multireflection technique. Comparison among acoustic properties of the examined polymers and the standard polymethyl methacrylate test sample at 5MHz frequency is carried out. Obtained results are used to qualify homogeneity and isotropy of studied materials.
- Lampman, S. (Ed.). Characterization and Failure Analysis of Plastics, ASM International, Materials Park, OH, 2003, p. 11.
- Pandey, D., S. Pandey. Ultrasonics: A Technique of Material Characterization, In Acoustic Waves, Sciyo Publishers, Sciyo, Croatia, 2010, pp. 397-430.
- Chen, C. Ultrasonic and Advanced Methods for Nondestructive Testing and Material Characterization, World Scientific Pub Co Inc, 2007, p. 3.
- Kasarova, S., R. Kasarov. Ultrasonic investigation of optical polymers, Proceedings of National Conference “Acoustic 2007”, vol. 9, 2007, pp. 74-79 (in Bulgarian).
- Kasarova, S., N. Sultanova, R. Kasarov. Investigation on thin-walled optical polymer samples by means of pulse-echo method, Scientific Proccedings, vol. 1(121), NDT days 2011 and 26th Internаtional Сonference “Defectoscopy’11, 2011, pp. 56-58 (in Bulgarian).
- Kasarov, R. Investigation of polymeric materials by means of electro-acoustic methods, Annual of Assen Zlatarov Univers ity, Burgas, vol. XLVIІ, Book 1, 2018, pp. 97-100.