TRANSPORT. SAFETY AND ECOLOGY. LOGISTICS AND MANAGEMENT
An empirical investigation of hull and propeller vessel performance under the ISO standard 19030
- 1 Ship propulsion plants Department of the Faculty of Engineering at Nikola Vaptsarov Naval Academy
Inefficient energy utilization is intolerable amongst ship operators and regulatory authorities especially in the current era. When the condition of a ship’s hull and or propeller-s degrades, in order to maintain speed, there is a need for more power thus more fuel. A byproduct of the increased fuel consumption is increased Green House Gas emissions that are strictly regulated by international authorities. In the present paper the Hull and Propeller performance will be assessed in terms of fuel consumption reserves and CO2 emissions based on the required levels environmental footprint as indicated by the ISO Standard 19030 created by the International Maritime Organization
- ] Longo, J., Stern, F. (2005). "Uncertainty Assessment for Towing Tank Tests with Example for Surface Combatant DTMB Model 5415."
- Boletis, E., Lange, R. and Bulten, N. (2015). Impact of propulsion system integration and controls on the vessel DP and maneuvering capability. IFAC-PapersOnLine, 48(16), pp.160- 165.
- JCGM100:2008 (2008). "Evaluation of measurement data - Guide to the expression of uncertainty in measurement (GUM 1995 with minor corrections)".
- Wan, W., Huang, W. and Li, C. (2013). Sensitivity Analysis for the Resistance on the Performance of a Pressure Vessel for Water Hammer Protection. Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology, 136(1), p.011303.
- Carreño, J., Mora, J. and Pérez, F. (2013). Mathematical model for maneuverability of a riverine support patrol vessel with a pump-jet propulsion system. Ocean Engineering, 63, pp.96-104.
- Vasquez, V., Whiting, W. (2006) Accounting for both random errors and systematic errors in uncertainty propagation analysis of computer models involving experimental measurements with Monte Carlo methods. Risk Analysis 25(6): 1669-1682
- Karavelas, M., Seidel, R. and Tzanaki, E. (2013). Convex hulls of spheres and convex hulls of disjoint convex polytopes. Computational Geometry, 46(6), pp.615-630.
- Borkowski, T., Kowalak, P. and Myśków, J. (2015). VESSEL MAIN PROPULSION ENGINE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION. Journal of KONES. Powertrain and Transport, 19(2), pp.53-60.