The goal of this paper is to provide a resource that can be used by the Augmented Reality research community and practitioners to understand the most recent potentials for application of the innovative Augmented Reality technology in various industry. Firstly, it is described mainly the role of the Augmented Reality in logistics and maintenance. Secondly, the paper provides an overview of research papers in the period 2008-2018 in the field of Augmented Reality for facilitating and supporting industrial applications.
By efforts of research, review and classification the author outlines both opportunities and challenges for spreading the Augmented Reality applications in smart manufacturing environments that will provide the baseline for further discussion and research in this direction.
Presenting this survey the author aims at creating an active community that further discusses the future development of Augmented Reality particularly in Supply Chain Management. Future steps will be taken in research workshops and online community work.
- Tech Trends 2018 - Deloitte
- S. K. Ong, M. L. Yuan & A. Y. C. Nee (2008) Augmented reality applications in manufacturing: a survey, International Journal of Production Research, 46:10, 2707- 2742, DOI: 10.1080/00207540601064773
- Mauricio H. Montoya, Andrea Caponio, Horacio Rios, Eduardo G. Mendivil. An introduction to Augmented Reality with applications in aeronautical maintenance. ICTON 2011. 978-1-4577- 0882-4/11. 2011 IEEE.
- Merlino Massimo, Ilze Sproģe. The Augmented Supply Chain. Procedia Engineering 178 (2017): 308-31
- Büttner, S., Mucha, H., Funk, M., Kosch, T., Aehnelt, M., Robert, S., & Röcker, C. (2017, June). The design space of augmented and virtual reality applications for assistive environments in manufacturing: a visual approach. In Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on PErvasive Technologies Related to Assistive Environments (pp. 433-440). ACM.
- Cirulis A., Ginters E. Augmented reality in logistics. Procedia Computer Science, 2013, Vol. 26, pp. 14-20.
- D.W.F. van Krevelen and R. Poelman. A Survey of Augmented Reality Technologies, Applications and Limitations. The International Journal of Virtual Reality, 2010, 9(2):1-20.
- Roland Martin. How to Make Best Use of Augmented Reality in Supply Chain http://supplychainasia.org/how-to-make-best-use-of-augmentedreality-in-supply-chain/
- Lebeck, K., Ruth, K., Kohno, T., Roesner, F. (2018). Towards Security and Privacy for Multi-User Augmented Reality: Foundations with End Users. In Towards Security and Privacy for Multi-User Augmented Reality: Foundations with End Users (p. 0). IEEE.