Effect of low-frequency vibration on the structure and residual stresses in SLM Ti-6Al-4V alloy
- 1 M.N. Miheev Institute of Metal Physics of Ural Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, Ekaterinburg, Russia
- 2 Ural State University of railway transport, Ekaterinburg, Russia
- 3 Regional Engineering Center of laser and additive technology, Ural Federal University, Ekaterinburg, Russia
The effect of the low-frequency vibration processing on the residual elastic stresses in the Ti-6Al-4V alloy manufactured by 3D printing (Selective laser melting) was investigated. The studied sample was manufactured horizontally in respect to the building platform. Different vibration oscillations modes (vertical, horizontal, and elliptical) were chosen for study. The oscillations were done with frequency of 16 Hz, and a processing time was 20 minutes. Studies shown that 3D printed sample had a high level of residual elastic stresses, which were changed after vibration treatment. The optimal parameters of vibration processing, which provide a minimum level of residual elastic stresses in 3D printed Ti-6Al-4V alloy are discussed.
- Birger I. A. Residual stresses, M., Mashgiz, 1963, 233 p. (in Russian)
- Gilmanshin R. A., Erofeev V. V., Sharafiev R. G., Yakupov V. M. Effect of vibration treatment on the level of residual stresses and mechanical characteristics of welded joints // Oil and gas business. Machines and devices. 2015. 13 (4). p. 185-192.
- Lashchenko G. I. Technological opportunities of vibration processing of welded structures (Review) // Automatic welding. 2016. 754 (7). p.28-34.
- Yadroitsev I., Yadroitsava I. Evaluation of residual stress in stainless steel 316L and Ti6Al4V samples produced by selective laser melting // Virtual and Physical Prototyping. 2015. 10(2). p. 67-76.
- Krakhmalev P., Fredriksson G., Yadroitsava I., Kazantseva N., du Plessis A., Yadroitsev I. Deformation Behavior and Microstructure of Ti6Al4V Manufactured by SLM // Physics Procedia. 2016. 83. p. 778-788.
- Gorelik S. S, Rastorguev L. N, Skakov Yu. A. X-ray and electron-optical analysis, M, Metallurgy, 1970.
- GOST R 57172-2016 “Definition of surface residual stresses by the indentiation method”, M. Standardinform, 2016 (in Russian).