The possibility of improving the structure and properties of aluminum cast alloy based on Al-Si-Mg due to the melt treatment in the magnetohydrodynamic installation has been studied in this work. Also, the optimization of the chemical composition and select the optimal modes of heat treatment of the alloys to improve the structure and complex of properties was carried out. It was shown that the most effective alloying element which improve the strength characteristics of Al-Si-Mg alloy is lithium. It was found that the introduction of lithium into the alloy in the amount of 0.2% leads to the modification of the Al-Si eutectic and provides the increase in the yield strength and tensile strength by 15%, while the ductility increases more than three times as much as compared to that of the base alloy.
- Polishchuk V., Tsin M., Gorn R., Dubodelov V. et all, Magnetodynamic Pumps for Liquid Metals, Kiev, Naukova Dumka (1989) (in Russian).
- Fixsen W., Ohm L., Trefniak V., Casting Plant and Technology, 2 (2007) 38–39.
- Polmear I.J.. Light Alloys: From Traditional Alloys to Nanocrystals, Fourth Edition, Elsevier Butterworth-Heinemann, United Kingdom (2006).
- Stroganov G.B., High strength aluminium alloys, Metallurgiya, Moskva (1985) (in Russian).
- Hanna M.D., Shu-Zu Lu and A. Hellawell, Modification in the aluminum silicon system. Met. Transact., 15A, № 3 (1984) 459.
- Rana R.S., Rajesh Purohit, Das S., Reviews on the Influences of Alloying elements on the Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Aluminum Alloys and Aluminum Alloy Composites, International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications., 2, Issue 6 (2012) 1. https://www.ijsrp.org/research_paper_jun2012/ijsrp-June-2012- 10.pdf.
- Stadler F. et al., Effect of main alloying elements on strength of Al–Si foundry alloys at elevated temperatures, International Journal of Cast Metals Research, 25, No 4 (2012) 245. https://doi.org/10.1179/1743133612Y.0000000004.
- Pisarek B.P., Rapiejko C., Szymczak T., Pacyniak T., Effect of Alloy Additions on the Structure and Mechanical Properties of the AlSi7Mg0.3 Alloy, Archives of foundry engineering, 17, No 1 (2017) 137.
- Nogita K., McDonald S. D., Dahle A. K., Eutectic modification of Al-Si alloys with rare earth metals, Materials Transactions, 45, No 2 (2004) 323. https://kyushu-u.pure.elsevier.com/en/publications/eutectic-modification-of-al-si-alloys-with-rare-earth-metals.
- Voron M.M., Fon Pruss M.A., Byba O. Ye., Microalloying and Modification of Cast Aluminum Alloys for Increasing their Level of Exploitation Properties at Elevated Temperatures. A Review, Casting processes, No 3 (2021) 145. https://doi.org/10.15407/plit2021.03.061.
- Bournane M., Berezina A., Davydenko О., Monastyrska T., Molebny O., Spuskanyuk V., Kotko A., Effect of severe plastic deformation on structure and properties of Al-Mg-Si alloy of 6060 type, Materials Science and Metallurgy Engineering, Vol. 1, No 2 (2013) 13-21. http://pubs.sciepub.com/msme/1/2/1/index.html.