Controlling of objects with the feedback negative loop is widely used in industry, intelligent technologies, robotics and transport systems. A negative feedback loop by comparing of the prescribed value of the output value with measured value of it generates a control signal, which adjusts the output value of the object. Typically, the number of controlled output values is equal to the number of feedback channels acting on the object, but in some cases, the number of the channel can be more. This situation is especially frequent in transportation systems. In the problem of the design of regulators, they pay the most attention to ensuring the required static and dynamic control accuracy, but recently the attention to the conservation of the resource manager increased. This saves fuel or energy costs, which is especially important, for example, in space technology. The task of saving resources in the control of an object with an excess amount of control channels was not previously considered in the literature. In this paper, the problem is investigated by numerical optimization with simulation. In some cases, the cost of resource of the control by the different channels may vary. At the same time the cheaper resources can have the worst quality of the control, for example, it can has a discrete form or (and) less speed and so on. In this paper, we study such state of the problem and give its solution. It is shown that for a suitable choice of the cost function one can preserve rather high quality of the control, while ensuring saving of the controlling resources. Resource saving can reach in some cases 96%, which is illustrated by an example.
- V.A. Zhmud, A.V. Kastorny. Concept of Power Sawing Regulators. Automatics & Software Enginery. 2013. N 4 (6). P. 14–21. URL: http://www.nips.ru/images/stories/zhournalAIPI/7/aipi-4-2013-02.pdf (In Russian)
- V.A. Zhmud, A.N. Zavorin. Method of the design of Power Sawing Regulators for the Complex Objects with Partly Unknown Model. In book: Problems of control and modeling in the complex systems. Proc. of XVI International Conference, 30 June – 03 July 2014 г., Samara. Russia. P. 557–567.
- V. Zhmud. Design of Robust Energy-Saving Regulators. Automatics & Software Enginery. 2014. N2(8). P. 58 – 65. URL: http://jurnal.nips.ru/en/node/68 .
- Modern key technologies in automatics: Structures and numerical optimization of regulators. Zhmud, V., Yadrishnikov, O., Poloshchuk, A., Zavorin, A. 2012. Proceedings - 2012 7th International Forum on Strategic Technology, IFOST 2012.
- The design of the feedback systems by means of the modeling and optimization in the program vissim 5.0/6. Zhmud, V., Liapidevskiy, A., Prokhorenko, E. 2010. Proceedings of the IASTED International Conference on Modelling, Identification and Control. PP. 27–32.
- V. Zhmud, O. Yadrishnikov. Numerical optimization of PID-regulators using the improper moving detector in cost function. Proceedings of the 8-th International Forum on Strategic Technology 2013 (IFOST-2013), vol. II, 28 June – 1 July. Mongolian University of Science and Technology, Ulaanbaator, Mongolia. IEEE organized. 2013. P. 265 – 270. http://www.must.edu.mn/IFOST2013/
- Vadim A. Zhmud, Dashi B. Imekov, Kirill Yu. Lastochkin and Anna V. Lukicheva. New Structure of Regulator for Controlling of Object with Oscillation Features and its Modelling Testing. Proceedings of International Conference on Engineering and Applied Sciences Optimization (OPT-i-2014). Kos Island, Greece, 4-6 June 2014.
- Vadim ZHMUD. New Modeling Tested Method for Controlling of Object with Oscillation Features. Proceeding of 2014 International Conference on Mechanical Design, Manufacture and Automation Engineering (MDMAE 2014). ISBN: 978-1-60595- 156-0. Thailand, Phuket. Part II. Author statement: Novosibirsk State Technical University, Novosibirsk, Russia. Keywords: Numerical optimization, Regulators, Automation, Modeling, Dynamic systems, Accuracy of control.P.289 – 296.
- Zhmud V.A., Dimitrov L.V., Yadrishnikov O.D. Calculation of regulators for the problem of machatronics by means of the numerical optimization method // 12-th Inter. Conf. on Actual Problems of Electronic Instrument. Engineering (APEIE). Proceedings. – Novosibirsk – 2014. – Vol.1, P. 739–744.