Micro-hardness of borid diffusion layers formed of semi permeable powder-metalurgical materials from the system Fe-C-Cu
- 1 Faculty of Economics and Business Administration – Technical University of Gabrovo, Bulgaria
- 2 Faculty of Mechanical Engineering – Technical University of Gabrovo, Bulgaria
Surface saturation with boron of Fe-C-Cu construction powder materials aims to improve the surface hardness of the articles and hence improve wear, contact strength and other mechanical properties. This study investigates the influence of single-component diffusion enrichment modes with boron of semi-permeable powder metallurgical samples from the Fe-C-Cu system. The powder samples on the basis of iron powders NC 100.24 to which 0,3 ÷ 2,5% Cu and 0,4% carbon were added were subjected to the study. Diffusion saturation with boron was carried out in semi-permeable saturation media with a composition of 84% Na2B4O7 + 12% SiC + 4% K2Cr2O7 at temperatures 850 ÷ 950 ° C for 2 ÷ 4 hours. Graphical dependencies are presented for the variation of the diffusion slit thickness in the longitudinal section of the test samples depending on their density, duration and saturation temperature. The experimental results obtained are compared with those obtained by combining pure iron samples with the same technological parameters.
- May, I., L. Schetky, Cooper in iron and steel, John Wiley and sons. Toronto, 1988, p.307, ISBN 0-471-05913-7
- Mitev, I., Obtaining powdered metallurgical materials and articles, V. Aprilov, Gabrovo, 2004.
- Mitev, I., Contemporary Industrial Technologies - Part III / Progressive Methods for Mechanical Formation /, EKS-PRESS, Gabrovo, 20016, ISBN 978-954-490-511-8
- Mitev, I., Structure Analysis, EKS-PRESS, Gabrovo, 2013, ISBN 978-954-490-363-3
- Mitev, I., Industrial Materials, EKS-PRESS, Gabrovo, 2017, ISBN 978-954-490-556-9
- Mitev, I., Powder Metallurgy - Part I (Preparation of powdered materials and articles, UP „V.Aprilov", Gabrovo, 2004, ISBN 954-4683-233-2
- Mitev, I., Powder Metallurgy - Part II (Powder Metallurgical Products with Design and Instrumental Purpose, UP „V.Aprilov“, Gabrovo, 2004, ISBN 954-4683-234-0.
- Mitev,I., I.Vinev, Mechanism of Formation of Boride Layeers on Powder Metallurgy Materials from the Ssystem Fe-CCu, Journal of Technical University of Gabrovo, vol. 54, 2017, pp 37-40, ISSN 1310-6686
- Mitev,I., I. Vinev, Peculiarities of Chemical-Thermal Treatment of Semi-Permeable Powder Metallurgical Materials in Semi-Permeable Saturation media, IJSTII Machines Technologies Materials, Issue 5, 2018, p.219÷221, ISSN (print) 1313-0226
- Mitev,I., K.Popov, Applicability of Liquid Areas for Saturation During Boronizing of Construction Powdered Materials of Fe-C-Cu System, International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Computational and Applied Sciences (IJETCAS), ISSUE 6, vol.4, 2013, p.341÷345, ISSN (online) 2279-0055, ISSN (print) 2279-0047,
- Nichiporochenko, O., A. Pomosov, S. Noboychenko. Powder Cooper and its alloys. Moscow, Metallurgy, 1988, p.202. ISBN 5-229-00163-1
- Todorov, R. and others. Materials and equipment for powder metallurgical construction products, "Publishing House of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences", Sofia, 1988