This paper deals with Numerical Simulation to analyse the behaviour of residual stresses in welding pipe. This work aims to develop a validation model for the simulation of phase changing after welding in multi-pass welds using a hardness test and compare the results with numerical simulation. The simulation considers the local microstructure properties changes due to the thermal welding cycles. Finally, the challenge of this work is the welding of dissimilar materials, where a calibrated model will be applied and validated to predict the effect of welding residual stresses in welding pipe. A further aim is to develop a new procedure to simulate a typical welded pipe process.
- Khan, Md Ibrahim. Welding science and technology. New Age International, 2007.
- Vemanaboina, Harinadh, Suresh Akella, and Ramesh Kumar Buddu. "Welding process simulation model for temperature and residual stress analysis", Procedia materials science 6 (2014): 1539-1546.
- Taljat, Boštjan, B. Radhakrishnan, and T. Zacharia. "Numerical analysis of GTA welding process with emphasis on post-solidification phase transformation effects on residual stresses." Materials Science and Engineering: A 246.1-2 (1998): 45-54.
- J. Goldak, A. Chakravarti, M. Bibby: A new finite element model for welding heat sources model. Metallurgical Transactions B. 15, (1984) 299-305.
- P. Maynier, B. Jungmann, J. Dollet, Creusot-Loire System for the prediction of the mechanical properties of low alloy steel products, Hardenability Concepts With Applications to Steel, The Metallurgical Society of AIME (1978) 518-545.
- MSC.Marc 2018.1 Volume A: Theory and User Information.
- Sz. Szávai, Z. Bézi, P. Rózsahegyi: Material Characterization and Numerical Simulation of a Dissimilar Metal Weld, Procedia Structural Integrity 2 (2016) pp. 1023-1030.
- Sz. Szávai, Z. Bézi, C. Ohms: Numerical simulation of dissimilar metal welding and its verification for determination of residual stresses, Frattura ed Integrita Strutturale 36. (2016) pp. 36-45.
- N. Saunders, Z. Guo, X. Li, A.P. Miodownik, J.P. Schillé: Using JMatPro to Model Materials Properties and Behavior, JOM 55/12 (2003) 60-65.