One of the prerequisites for achieving the long-term goal of better atmospheric air quality is the transition to a low carbon economy and more sustainable transport through the increased use of electric vehicles. Statistics show that transport generates over 14% of global greenhouse gas emissions and is the main sector in the EU where this indicator is still increasing.
Electric vehicle technology is constantly evolving and they are gaining in efficiency. Generally, electromobility is about charging, managing and using energy. The success of the automotive industry in the future will be determined by how quickly the development of traction motors and batteries will continue, as well as the charging infrastructure.
In order to ensure the normal operation of electric vehicles, it is necessary to build an adequate infrastructure of charging stations. The paper deals with the technical features and trends of charging stations for electric vehicles. The results are a summary and assessment of extending the boundaries of electromobility, contributing to a more sustainable future. Relevant conclusions have been done.
- Baran Özbakir, and Gábor Manhertz. Benchmarking System Architectures and Topologies for DC-to-DC Converters, the Heart of Off-Board Chargers. May 2019 www.bodospower.com
- Nicolas Zart; Clean Technica; Porsche Inches Into Superfast Charging 800 Volt Chargers; July 2018, https://cleantechnica.com/2018/07/17/porsche-claims-400- voltsfor-400-kilometers-with-superfast-800-volt-chargers/
- Fred Lambert; Electrek; Porsche’s ultra-fast charging infrastructure for the Mission E will also work with Tesla, says CEO; October 2017, https://electrek.co/2016/10/03/porsches-ultra-fast-charging-infrastructure-for-themission-e-will-also-work-with-tesla-says-ceo/
- ABB; ABB powers e-mobility with launch of first 350 kW high power car charger; October 2017, http://www.abb.com/cawp/seitp202/c2ed43a8ef2e1de2c12581ae 002d26b8.aspx/
- Nancy Owano; Tech Explore; ABB unveils EV charger can add 200 km of range in 8 minutes; May 2018, https://techxplore.com/news/2018-05-abb-unveils-ev-chargerkm.html
- Mark Kane; Inside EVs; Continental AllCharge enables 800 V, 350 kW Charging; June 2017, https://insideevs.com/continental-allcharge-enables-800v-350- kw-charging/