BUSINESS & “INDUSTRY 4.0”
ANALYSIS OF THE POWER TRANSFORMER OPERATION SUPPLYING A COMBINED NON-LINEAR LOAD IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR – PART II: INFLUENCE OF THE CURRENT HARMONICS
- 1 Technical University of Gabrovo, Republic of Bulgaria
Much of the technical equipment in energy, industry, commerce and the public sector (electronic equipment, electric motors, furnaces, chargers, uninterruptible power supplies, etc.) are inherently non-linear loads and are sources of harmonic distortion of currents. Non-linear loads adversely affect all components of the power system: they increase losses in transformers and electric motors by thermal loading their windings, increasing dielectric and/or mechanical losses and generally reduce the efficiency of the electrical system. The paper deals with operation of a power transformer that supplies combined non-linear load in a public building
- The Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, “Recommended Practice for Establishing Transformer Capabilities when Supplying Non-sinusoidal Load Currents” ANSI/IEEE C57.110, 1986.
- Deshpande К., R. Holmukhe, Y. Angal. K-Factor Transformers and Non-linear Loads. EDI, June 1991, Vol. 2, No 6.
- Zobba A. F., Practical Solutions for Harmonics Problems Produced in the Distribution Networks, Journal of Electrical Systems, 2006, Vol. 2, No 1, pp. 13-28.
- Gouda O. E., G. M. Amer, W. A. A. Salem. A Study of K-Factor Power Transformer Characteristics by Modeling Simulation, ETASR – Engineering, Technology and Applied Science Research, 2011, Vol. 1, № 5, pp. 114-120.
- Harlov N. N. Electro-Magnetic Compatibility in Energetics. Publishing House TPU, 2009. (in Russian).
- Tsitsikyan G. N.Electro-Magnetic Compatibility in Energetics.. Sankt-Peterburg, 2006. (in Russian).
- Ivanov Kr., G. Velev, P. Yankov, E. Kartselin, N. Minekov. Parameters of Current Harmonic Component in The Industrial Company, International Scientific conference UNITECH 2018, Technical University Gabrovo, 15 – 17 November 2018, ISSN 1313-230X, pp. 81-87.
- Koeva D., S. Rachev, L. Dimitrov. Analysis of The Power Transformer Operation Supplying a Combined Non-linear Load in The PublicSsector – Part I – Characteristics in The Case of Supplying Non-linear Loads, Energy Forum 2019, 25-28 June 2019, ISSN 2367-6728, pp. 230-242.