The interaction between weapon and target is through the “damage function” which is defined to be the probability that the target is killed by a weapon, damage function analysis is major factor in evaluating weapon effectiveness.
- Evlogiev, S. Characteristic features of modern combat operations. „V. Levski“, National Military University Collection of scientific papers, ISBN-10:954-9681-19-Х; ISBN13: 978-954-9681-19-2, p.136-144, Shumen, 2005.
- Driels M et al., Explicit exact solution of damage probability for multiple weapons against a unitary target, American Journal of Operations Research, 2016, 8. 450-467.
- Fann, Ch.,adv. Driels, M. Development of an artillery accuracy model, Naval postgraduate school, Monterey, 2006.
- Klopcic J.T., A comparison of damage functions for use in artillery effectiveness codes, Aberdeen proving grounds, 1990.
- Washburn A., Diffuse Gaussian multiple-shot pattern, Military operations research, vol8, n3, 2003.