Two-dimensional van der Waals (vdW) materials possess novel physical properties and promising applications. A wide range of 2D vdW materials having been obtained via the chemical vapor transport (CVT) method. In this work, we develop the controllable growth meyhod of 2H-NbSe2 single crystals via the CVT method. The quality of fabricated crystals was characterized by X-ray diffraction, and electron dispersive spectrometry (EDS) measurements. Crystals of the best quality were successfully grown under selected temperature/time schedule.
- S. Manzeli, D. Ovchinnikov, D. Pasquier, O. V. Yazyev & A. Kis, Nature Reviews Materials, volume 2, article number: 17033 (2017)
- A. A. Tedstone, D. J. Lewis, and P. O’Brien, Chem. Mater., 28, 7, 1965–1974 (2016)
- Z. Li, X. Xi, B. Ding, H. Li, E. Liu, Yuan Yao, and W. Wang, Cryst. Growth Des., 20, 2, 706–712 (2020)
- Z. Zeng, T. Sun, J. Zhu, X. Huang, Z. Yin, G. Lu, Z. Fan, Q. Yan, H.H. Hung, H. Zhang, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 51, 9052– 9056 (2012)
- H. Wang, X. Huang, Lin, J.; Cui, J.; Chen, Y.; Zhu, C.; Liu, F.; Zeng, Q.; Zhou, J.; Yu, P., Nat. Commun., 8, 394 (2017)
- T. Hotta, T. Tokuda, S. Zhao, K. Watanabe, T. Taniguchi, H. Shinohara, R. Kitaura, Appl. Phys. Lett., 109, 133101 (2016)
- H. Lin, Q. Zhu, D. Shu, D. Lin, Xu, J.; Huang, X.; Shi, W.; Xi, X.; J. Wang, L. Gao, Nat. Mater., 18, 602–607 (2019)