Reverse logistics processes generate significant logistics costs if not optimized continuously and are often being undetermined. Logistics companies emphasize the necessity for optimization and process uniformization to its highest possible extent, while disadvantages as process duration, educated personnel, and unsatisfied consumers are reverse logistics barriers. For the paper research, the focus has been directed to reverse logistics process analysis at the location of a supplier on the Republic of Croatia logistics market. The case study consists of highlighting reverse logistics issues, on-site analysis, and possibilities to optimize time-consuming processes. Analysis has been provided throughout time measurement of individual reverse logistics process with suggestions for optimization.
- L. C. Blancas, A. Bozicevic K. Rogic, I. Bajor, L. Novacko, Croatian Logistics: Opportunities for Sustainable Competitiveness. World Bank, Washington, DC. © World Bank, (2021) https://openknowledge.worldbank.org/handle/10986/35709
- Croatian Logistics Market Analysis, University of Zagreb, Faculty of Transport and Traffic Sciences, Department for Transportation Logistics, continuous research (2018)
- R. S. Tibben-Lembke, D. S. Rogers, Going Backwards: Reverse Logistics Trends and Practices. Nevada, USA, 1999.
- Bajor, I.: Return Center Organization Model in Reverse Logistics Chain, doctoral dissertation, University of Zagreb, Faculty of Transport and Traffic Sciences, Zagreb (2014.)
- R. S. Tibben-Lembke, D. S. Rogers: Differences between forward and reverse logistics in a retail environment. Nevada, USA, (2002)
- GRS. Pandian, W. Abdul-Kader, Performance Evaluation of Reverse Logistics Enterprise – An Agent-based Modeling Approach, Canada, (2014)
- A. McKinnon, S. Cullinae, M. Browne, A. Whiteing, Green Logistics: Improving the environmental sustainability logistics The Chartered Institute of logistics and Transport, Kogan Page, London, UK, (2010)
- K. D. Navin, S. Ravi, S. Swami, Diffusion of Green Products in Industry 4.0: Reverse Logistics Issues During Design of Inventory and Production Planning System, International Journal of Production Economics, Volume 223, 107519, ISSN 0925-5273, (2020)