CONSERVING OF THE RESOURCES
FEM model for the study of agricultural soil compaction under the action of two-wheel tractor
- 1 Univers ity “Politehnica” of Bucharest, Romania
This paper presents a theoretical model that allows estimating the state of tension in agricultural soil under the action of the wheels of a cultivator (two-wheel tractor), using the finite element method. Improper operation of cultivators and their improper use can lead to the degradation of agricultural soil by generating excessive mechanical stresses that favor the occurrence of artificial soil compaction. The finite element analysis models developed in this paper allow a dramatic reduction in the costs of experimental testing as well as the time required to estimate the possibility of artificial compaction of agricultural soil under the action of cultivators.
- Alakukku L., 1999 - Subsoil compaction due to wheel traffic. Agricultural and Food Science in Finland, vol. 8, pp. 333-351
- Biriș S.Șt., 2010Mathematical modeling of agricultural soil compaction, Printech Publishing House, Bucharest;
- Biriş S., Maican E., Ungureanu N., Vlăduţ V., Murad E. (2011). Analysis of stress and strain distribution in an agricultural vehicle wheel using finite element method, Proceedings of the 39 International Symposium On Agricultural Engineering "Actual Tasks on Agricultural Engineering", pag 107÷118, Opatija;
- Culpin C. Farm Machinery. 10th edition. Granada: Granada Technical Books Press, Spain 1981.
- Dexter A. R., Czyz E. A., Gate O. P., 2007 - A method for prediction of soil penetration resistance. Soil & Tillage Research, vol. 93, pp. 412-419;
- Donaldson C. H., 1986 - Simple techniques for estimating soil compaction. Grootfontein College of Agriculture. Published Karoo Agric., vol. 3(7), pp. 55-58;
- Gysi M., 2000 - Soil compaction due to heavy agricultural wheel traffic. Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich, Switzerland;
- Hendrick JG, Gill WR. Rotary tiller design parameters, part III-Ratio of peripheral and forward velocities. Transactions of the ASAE 1971c; 14:679-683.
- Topakci M, Celik HK, Yilmaz D, Stress analysis on transmission gears of a rotary tiller using finite element method. Akend iz Ünivresitesi Ziraat Fakultesi Dergisi, 2008; 21(2): 155-160.
- Yatsuk, EP, Panov, IM, Efimov, DN, Marchenkoc, OS, Chernenkov AD. Rotary soil working machines (construction, calculation and design). 1st edition. Amerined publishing company. PVT. LTD., New Dehli. 1981.
- https://www.ruris.ro/msc-content/uploads/products/cat- 36/fise_tehnice/fisa-tehnica-motosapa-ruris-5800r- RURIS_5800R-ro.pdf