The paper examines the issue of formalization and mathematical modeling of potential dangers (hereinafter referred to as threats). Such threats occur in the external environment in relation to the object of transport infrastructure (hereinafter referred to as airport), while ensuring aviation security. The issue of formalization is manifested in the significant uncertainty of physical presentation of security threats and difficulties in choosing a class of functions that describe threats’ spread dynamics.
The authors suggest using the heuristic approach and the format of the boundary value problem of field theory when moving from a linguistic description of the threat space to its formal representation and description. A mathematical model based on partial differential equations describing threat space is proposed. In addition to this, assumptions and limitations associated with its hypothetical representation are formulated. Modeling and results are presented in the form of threat intensity distribution on some topology of the transport infrastructure object. The results are interpreted as the initial information for modeling the airport security system.
- Y. Wang, H. Sun, J. Zhu, B. Zhu. Optimization Model and Algorithm Design for Airline Fleet Planning in a Multiairline Competitive Environment. Mathematical Problems in Engineering. Article ID 783917, 13 (2015).
- F. L. Edwards, D. C. Goodrich. Introduction to Transportation Security. — CRC Press,388 (2012).
- J. Price, J. Forrest. Practical Aviation Security: Predicting and Preventing Future Threats. — Butterworth-Heinemann, 598 (2016).
- G. Tamasi, M. Demichela. Risk assessment techniques for civil aviation security. Reliability Engineering & System Safety, Vol. 96, Issue 8, 892-899, (2011).
- L. Elisov, N. Ovchenkov, R. Fadeev. Introduction to the theory of aviation security / [ed. L. Elisov]. — Yaroslavl: Filigree, 320 (2016).
- S. J. Farlow. Partial Differential Equations for Scientists and Engineers. — Wiley, 448 (1982).
- Safety Management Manual (PMU). DOC 9859. AN / 474. Second edition. — ICAO, Montreal, 240, (2009)
- V. Volynsky,Yu. Volynsky-Basmanov, Yu Mikhailov. On the issue of the definition and quantification of threats to the implementation of acts of illegal interference into the activities of civil aviation facilities. — Moscow: Transport Safety and Technology, No. 1 (24), 24–29, (2011).
- L. Elisov, N. Ovchenkov. On the issue of structural modeling of subjects of transport security. Scientific Bulletin of the Moscow State Technical University No. 197. — Moscow: MSTUCA, 58– 63, (2013).
- L. Elisov, N. Ovchenkov. Some issues of grid and neural network modeling of airport security management problems. Scientific Bulletin of MSTUCA, 20, No. 03. — Moscow: MSTUCA,21-29, (2017)
- J. R. Buchanan, Z. Shau. A First Course in Partial Differential Equations. — World Scientific Publishing, 624 (2017).
- J. D. Logan. Applied Partial Differential Equations. — Springer, 289 ()2014).
- S. Chapra. Numerical Methods for Engineers. — McGraw-Hill Science, 994 (2009).
- G. F. Pinder. Numerical Methods for Solving Partial Differential Equations. — Wiley, 320 (2018).
- G. D. Smith. Numerical Solution of Partial Differential Equations: Finite Difference Methods. — Clarendon Press, 350 (1986).
- S. Mazumder. Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations: Finite Difference and Finite Volume Methods. — Academic Press, 484 (2016).
- S. Rao. The Finite Element Method in Engineering. — Butterworth-Heinemann, 782 (2017).
- G. E. Forsyte, W. R. Wasow. Finite-Difference Methods for Partial Differential Equations. — Dover Publications, 464 (2004).
- R. S. Varadhan. Lectures on Diffusion Problems and Partial Differential Equations. — Springer, 315 (1981).
- A. Samarskii, P. Vabishchevich. Computational heat transfer. — Moscow: Librocom, 784, (2014).
- C. T. Kelley. Iterative Methods for Linear and Nonlinear Equations. — Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, 180 (1987).
- V. Gorbachenko. Computational linear algebra with examples on MATLAB. — St. Petersburg: BHV Petersburg, 320, (2011).
- H. Moore. MATLAB for Engineers. — Pearson, 688 (2017).
- J. Li, Y.-T. Chen. Computational Partial Differential Equations Using MATLAB. — Chapman & Hall, 378 (2008).