During the last two decades the Heating Ventilation Air Condition (HVAC) systems have been used to enable heating, cooling and ventilation of buildings with the primary aim of meeting the requirements of thermal comfort and indoor air quality. In this research work, energy consumption in buildings has been analysed by using Hourly Analysis Program (HAP) software. The object of our research work was focused in the Polytechnic University of Tirana. Mathematical models of thermal calculations have been based on the international standard ISO 13790: 2008 on energy use and thermal performance of buildings.
- ISO 13790:2008. Energy performance of buildings-Calculation of energy use for space heating and cooling.
- EIA 2012-U.S Energy Information Administration. https://www.eia.gov/totalenergy/data/annual/pdf/aer.pdf
- ASHRAE design weather conditions. http://ashrae-meteo.info/
- Carrier HAP Manual. https://www.ahi-carrier.gr/media/154466/e20s- HAP50_manual.pdf
- L. Chretien, R. Becerra, N P Salts and E. A. Groll. System solution to improve energy efficiency of HVAC systems, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. Vol. 232, (2017), pp. 1-9.