Solar energy has a great potential in Albania. The use of hybrid photovoltaic – thermal (PV/T) systems has shown an impressive progress in recent years. PV/T system can produce electricity and thermal energy simultaneously. In this paper, a 200 W PV/T system is introduced using water as cooling fluid, in order to regulate the temperature increase of the photovoltaic panels. The heat is collected via working fluid in a water tank. This study analyses the energy generation of this experimental setup, and aims to provide some accurate information in future developments and implementation of this technology in Albania. Coupling of PV/T system with heat pumps in buildings to meet the energy requirements could be of great interest for Albania’s energy consumers
-  National Agency of Natural Resources, www.akbn.gov.al
- Wim G. J. van Helden, Ronald J. Ch. van Zolingen and Herbert A. Zondag: “PV Thermal Systems: PV Panels Supplying Renewable Electricity and Heat: Progress in Photovoltaics: Research and Apllications, pp 415-426
- Riaz A., Liang, R., Zhou, C., Zhang, J.: “A review on the applicationof photovoltaic thermal systems for building facades”, Building Services Engineering Research & Technology, 2020, Vol 41, pp.86-107. DOI: 10.1177/0143624419845117
- E. Skoplaki, J.A. Palyvos, “On the temperature dependence of photovoltaic module electrical performance: a review of efficiency/power correlations”, Solar Energy 83 (2009) pp.614-624.
- Hongbing Chen,Saffa B.Riffat, Yu Fu:” Experimental study on a hybrid photovoltaic/heat pump system, Applied Thermal Engineering 31 (2011) pp.4132-4138.
- Y.B.Assoa,C.Menezo,G.Fraisse,R.Yezou,J.Brau, “Study of a new concept of photovoltaic-thermal hybrid collector”, Solar Energy 81 (2007) pp.1132-1143.
- https://www.irena.org//media/Files/IRENA/Agency/Publication/ 2021/March/IRENA_RRA_Albania_2021.pdf
- https://www.irena.org/publications/2017/Jul/Renewable-Energy- Statistics-2017
- Shira, A, Zeneli, E, Bidaj, F.: “Experimental Investigation of a Hybrid PV-T system under Albania’s climate conditions”, Vol.II, (pp.139-141) https://industry-4.eu/winter/proceedings.html