This article describes the entropy method optimization based on the approach of minimal increase of entropy in the thermodynamic system. Here is presented the experimental set up of flat plate solar collector with liquid as working medium, effective absorber area of the collector 1,4 m2, absorber plate of aluminum, copper pipes and selective coating. A comparative analysis is conducted between the efficiency of a theoretical model of nonisothermal solar collector and the efficiency obtained by measuring the physical model of a solar collector. Results show a general trend of growth the collector efficiency due to the reduction of irreversibility of the represented processes.
- Martyushev, L., Entropy and entropy production: old misconceptions and new breakthroughs, Entropy, 15(4), pp. 1152-1170, 2013. DOI: 10.3390/e15041152
- A. Sciacovelli, V. Verda, and E. Sciubba, Entropy generation analysis as a design tool - A review, Renew. Sustain. Energy Rev., 43, pp.1167-1181, (2015).
- G. Prakash, J. Lienhard, and S. Zubair, Entropy generation minimization of combined heat and mass transfer devices, Int. J. Therm. Sci., 49(10), pp. 2057- 2066, (2010)
- E. Torres., J. J. Navarrete, and B. A. Ibarra, Thermodynamic method for designing dryers operated by flat-plate solar collectors, Renew. Energy, 26, pp. 649- 660, (2002)
- E. Torres, J. Navarrete, A. Zaleta, and J. G. Cervantes-de Gortari, Optimal process of solar to thermal energy conversion and design of irreversible flat-plate solar collectors, Energy, 28(2), pp. 99-113, (2003)
- A. Bejan, D. W. Kearne, F. Kreith, Second law analysis and synthesis of solar collector systems, Journal of Solar Energy Eng, 103:23–8, (1981)
- A. Bejan, Entropy generation minimization. 2nd ed. CRC Press, Boca Raton, (1995)
- S. K. Saha, D. K. Mahanta, Thermodynamic optimization of solar flat-plate collector, Renewable Energy 23 (2001), 181-193
- S. Fischer, W. Heidemann, H. Muller-Steinhagen, B. Perers., P. Berquist, B. Hellstrom, Collector test method under quasi-dynamic conditions according to the European Standard EN 12975-2, Solar Energy 76, pp. 117-123, (2004)
- D. Rojas, J. Beermann, S. A. Klein, D. T. Reindl, Thermal performance testing of flat-plate collectors, Solar Energy 82, pp. 746-757, (2008)