This article describes an experimental setup for the practical teaching of process control in an undergraduate mechanical engineering curriculum. The system is practice-oriented and is based on developing students’ skills in control system application of real process systems. A PLC (Programming Logic Controllers) program is proposed to introduce simulation aspects and final control design practices in scale processes (Unloading and Handling Station). It is based on the principle of introducing a PLC-supported, Siemens Simatic S7-200 PLC controller-controlled production system with the help of SIMATIC Step 7 Programming Software, presenting the scenario for the system and writing the PLC program accordingly. This algorithm prepared for the Unloading and Handling Station operation is not unique and without alternatives. The aim here is to enable students to get to know the system and program the system with different approaches according to the algorithm they have developed.
- Hugh Jack, Automating Manufacturing Systems with PLCs (Version 4.5, Ap., 16, 2004)
- Alper EFE, A Web-Based Educational Programming Logic Controller Training Set Based On Vocational High School Students’ Demands Journal of Learning and Teaching in Digital Age, (2018), 3(1), 35-44 ISSN:2458-8350
- Scott C. Rowe, Cathleen I. Samson, David E. Clough, Framework to Guide the Instruction of Industrial Programmable Logic Controllers in Undergraduate Engineering Education Education for Chemical Engineers 31 (2020) 76–84 A
- Fred Huijboom, Pierre Van Meeuwen, Ellen Rusman, Marjan Vermeulen, Professional learning communities (PLCs) as learning environments for teachers: An in-depth examination of the development of seven PLCs and influencing factors Learning, Culture and Social Interaction 31 (2021) 100566
- Lisbeth P´erez , Addison R´ıos-Bol´ıvar , Richard M´arquez, Teaching Process Control Using Scada Technology December 2006 IFAC Proceedings Volumes (IFAC Papers- OnLine) 7(6):620-625 DOI: 10.3182/20060621-3-ES- 2905.00106
- S´anchez, J., F. Morilla, S. Dormido, J. Aranda and P. Ruip´erez. (2002). Virtual and reˇmote control labs using java: A qualitative approach. IEEE Control Systems Magazine 22(2), 8–20.
- Ji Jin Zhu, Electrical Control Technology and PLC Course Teaching Reform Strategy Procedia Computer Science 166 (2020) 301–304 3rd International Conference on Mechatronics and Intelligent Robotics (ICMIR-2019)
- (Kurtulan, S. (2007). Industrial Control Systems, Pg.1, Nobel Pub., Istanbul)
- Erdal Yilmaz, Sevan Katrancioglu, Designing Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Experiment Set with Internal Experiment Blocks WCETR 2011 Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 28 (2011) 494 – 498
- R Harahap et al. Automatic control model of water filling system with Allen Bradley Micrologix 1400 PLC (2018) IOP Conf. Ser.: Mater. Sci. Eng. 309 012082
- Yıldırım Elektronik Users’ Guide Book Y-0044A
- Siemens S7-200 Handbook
- Ling Wang, Jin Pan, Yanfeng Gao, Bingrui Wang, Kaixing Hong, Xiai Chen, Incipient fault diagnosis of limit switch based on an ARMA model, Volume 135, (2019), Pages 473-480, ISSN 0263-2241, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.measurement.2018.11.080.