Effect of Weight and Diameter Variables on Balance Process for Inertia Wheel Pendulum by Using Swing Up and PID Controller
- 1 Kırklareli University, Technical Sciences Vocational School, Turkey
- 2 Trakya University, Mechanical Engineering Department, Turkey
Inertia wheel pendulum balance control is performed by using swing up and PID controller with different wheel weight and diameters. In the pendulum control, 3 different radius wheels and different weights are added to analyze whether the system remained balance position. In this process, the effect of weight and diameter variables on the swing time and PID coefficients of the pendulum was observed. With this observation, the effects of input variables in the real-time system were compared with calculations in the dynamic pendulum model.
- C. Aguilar-Avelar, R. Rodríguez-Calderón, S. Puga-Guzmán, and J. Moreno-Valenzuela, “Effects of nonlinear friction compensation in the inertia wheel pendulum,” J. Mech. Sci. Technol., vol. 31, no. 9, pp. 4425–4433, 2017.
- H. Kuşçu and E. Yılmazlar, “Balance prediction of the inertia wheel pendulum by using swing up and PID controller,” Int. Sci. J. Trans Motauto World, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 41–45, 2020.
- V. M. Hernández and H. Sira-Ramírez, “Generalized PI Control for Swinging up and Balancing the Inertia Wheel Pendulum,” Proc. Am. Control Conf., vol. 4, no. 2508, pp. 2809–2814, 2003.
- T. Glück, A. Eder, and A. Kugi, “Swing-up control of a triple pendulum on a cart with experimental validation,” Automatica, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 801–808, 2013.
- D. J. Block, K. J. Åström, and M. W. Spong, The Reaction Wheel Pendulum, vol. 1, no. 1. 2007.
- N. Kant and R. Mukherjee, “Impulsive Dynamics and Control of the Inertia-Wheel Pendulum,” IEEE Robot. Autom. Lett., vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 3208–3215, 2018.
- M. W. Spong, “The Swing Up Control of the Acrobot,” IEEE Control Syst. Mag., vol. 15, no. May 1994, pp. 49–55, 1995.
- C. Sánchez-López, V. H. Carbajal-Gómez, M. A. Carrasco-Aguilar, and F. E. Morales-López, “PID controller design based on memductor,” AEU - Int. J. Electron. Commun., 2019.
- M. Arda, A. Güllü, and H. KUŞÇU, “Bulanık Mantık yönteminin PID denetleyici performansına etkisi, 16,” Ulus. Makine Teor. Sempozyumu, Erzurum, 2013.
- H. I. Jaafar et al., “Efficient control of a nonlinear double-pendulum overhead crane with sensorless payload motion using an improved PSO-tuned PID controller,” JVC/Journal Vib. Control, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 907–921, 2019.