Blood storage refrigerators are one of the indispensable products of the medical sector. Blood storage refrigerators are produced in various capacities and per different blood components. Although there are commercial refrigerators with various features among our company’s products, we do not have a blood storage refrigerator for the medical sector. Although there are a few companies that manufacture blood storage cabinets in our country, there is no company that fulfills high-security requirements per the ATEX Directive (2014/34/EU). In the field of an industrial kitchen, our various international competitors develop blood storage refrigerators and offer them to the market as a product with high added value compared to industrial refrigerators. Innovative blood storage refrigerator, which meets the safety requirements by the ATEX Directive for the first time in our country with studies based on R&D systematics, is a prototype that can compete and commercialize with international products in the medical field, after testing and evaluating it with its original design and prototype developed.
Our prototype is designed to meet high safety requirements according to the ATEX directive (2014/34/EU). The innovative blood storage refrigerator meets the safety requirements of the ATEX directive. Simulation of the cooling process of the innovative prototype is made together in cooperation with a local university. In contrast to our commercial refrigerators, we meet the refrigeration, hygiene, health, and safety requirements of the original blood storage refrigerator prototype, which meets with all international standards for the medical device sector (EN 60079-0, EN 60079-15, etc.) and ATEX directive (2014/34/EU).
- J.L. Carson, G. Guyatt, N.M. Heddle, B.J. Grossman, C.S. Cohn, M.K. Fung, T. Gernsheimer, J.B. Holcomb, L.J. Kaplan, L.M. Katz, N. Peterson, G. Ramsey, S.V. Rao, J.D. Roback, A. Shander, A.A. Tobian, J. Am. Med. Assoc., 316, 2025-2035, (2016)
- C. Gamonet, M. Desmarets, G. Mourey, S. Biichle, S. Aupet, C. Laheurte, A. François, E. Resch, F. Bigey, D. Binda, L. Bardiaux, C. Naegelen, N. Marpaux, F. A. Delettre, P. Saas, P. Morel, P. Tiberghien, J. Lacroix, G. Capellier, C. Vidal, F. Garnache-Ottou, Blood Advances, 4, 5527-5539, (2020)
- S. Jones, C. Menefee, J. Mehaffey, C. Carraway, J. of Equine Vet. Sci., 100, 103570, (2021)
- A. J. Richardson, N. Narendran, R. H. Guymer, H. Vu, P. N. Baird, The Journal of Laboratory and Clinical Med., 147, 290- 294, (2006)
- A.W. Jones, E. Ericsson, Practical Lab. Med., 4, 76-81, (2016)
- Z. Baydaş, M. Bacanli, N. Başaran, Food and Che. Toxicology, 152, (2021)
- Medtech Europe, The European Medical Technology Industry in figures 2021, (2021)
- European Patent Office (EPO), Patent Index 2020, (2021)
- M. Kanamoto, M. Shimada, T. Utsunomiya, S. Imura, Y. Morine, T. Ikemoto, H. Mori, J. Hanaoka, J. of Surgical Research, 173, 180-184, (2012)