The problem of convective stability in a medium containing settling heavy solid particles are discussed. A study is made of the stability of steady convective flow of a medium containing an additive between vertical plates heated to different temperatures. It is shown that the presence of settling solid particles has a significant stabilizing effect on convective stability.
- Gupalo Yu. P. "Stability of laminar flow of a liquid with heavy impurity," Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Otd. Tekh. Nauk, Mekh. Mashinostr., 1960; No. 6, 38-46.
- Saffman P. G. "On the stability of laminar flow of a dusty gas," J. Fluid Mech., 1962; 18, No. 1, 120-128.
- Michael D. H. "The stability of plane Poiseuille flow of a dusty gas," J. Fluid Mech., 1964; 18, No.1, 19-32.
- Zheltukhin I. D. "Stability of a laminar boundary layer in an incompressible gas carrying a heavy impurity," Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, 1971; No.2, 103-110.
- Gupalo Yu. P., Ryazantsev Yu. S., Sergeev Yu. A. "Convective instability of a homogeneous suspended layer," Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza. 1982; No. 3, 112-114
- Dement’ev, O. “Convective stability of a medium containing a heavy solid addutive”. Zhurnal Prikladnoi Mekhaniki I Tekhnicheskoi Fiziki, No. 3. 1976, P. 105-115.
- Marble F. E. "Dynamics of dusty gases," Mekhanik,. 1970; No. 6, 397-404.
- Sow S. “Hydrodynamics of Multiphase Systems “[Russian translation], Mir, Moscow, 1971. P. 576.
- Gershuni, G.Z., Zhukhovitskii E.M., Nepomnjashchy A.A. “Stability of convective flows”. Moscow, Nauka. 1989, P. 320.
- Dementiev O. “Stability of steady-state flows of a liquid with a heavy impurity”, Z. angew. Math. und Mech., 1996; v. 5, 112- 114.