THEORETICAL FOUNDATIONS AND SPECIFICITY OF MATHEMATICAL MODELLING
EFFECT OF THERMAL PROPERTIES OF BOUNDARIES ON STABILITY OF STEADY-STATE FLOW A LIQUID WITH HEAVY IMPURITY
- 1 Chelyabinsk State University, Chelyabinsk, Russia
The results of a solution of the problem of the stability of steady convective flow in a vertical layer with thermally insulated boundaries and a comparison with the opposite limiting case of ideally thermally conducting boundaries are presented. Study is made of the effect of thermal properties of boundaries on the convective flow stability in a closed vertical layer. The numerical solution of a spectral amplitude problem for normal disturbance is presented for thermally insulated boundaries. The critical Grashof numbers are determined. A comparison with the case of ideal conducting walls shows that there is a slight effect of thermal properties on the instability criterion.
- Gershuni, G.Z., Dement’ev O.N., Zhukhovitskii E.M. “Effect of thermal properties of boundaries on stability of convective flow in a vertical layer”. Inzhenerno-Fizicheskii Zhurnal, 1976; Vol. 32, No. 6. 1062-1064.
- Marble F. E. "Dynamics of dusty gases," Mekhanik,. 1970; No. 6, 397-404.
- Sow S. “Hydrodynamics of Multiphase Systems “[Russian translation], Mir, Moscow, 1971. P. 576.
- Gershuni, G.Z., Zhukhovitskii E.M., Nepomnjashchy A.A. “Stability of convective flows”. Moscow, Nauka. 1989, P. 320.
- Dement’ev, O. “Convective stability of a medium containing aheavy solid addutive”. Zhurnal Prikladnoi Mekhaniki ITekhnicheskoi Fiziki, No. 3. 1976, P. 105-115.
- Gershuni G. Z., Zhukhovitskii E. M. “Convective Stability of Incompressible Fluids”, Halsted Press, 1976. P. 392.
- Abramowitz, M., Stegun, I.A. Handbook of mathematical function, National Bureau of Standards Appl. Math. ser.,Moscow, Nauka, 1964, P. 830.