The obtaining of Sn–Ag powder alloy by contact displacement in aqueous solutions
- 1 Belarusian State University
- 2 Research Institute for Physical Chemical Problems of the Belarusian State University, Belarus
Sn-Ag powder alloy of eutectic composition is demanded in the production of powders for soldering pastes used in electronics. Non-eutectic alloy has found its application in catalysis for CO2 reduction, in 3D printing, as the promising material for lithium ion batteries. In this work the way of synthesis of Sn–Ag nanostructured powder alloy with near-eutectic composition based of cementation reaction in the system Sn0/Ag+ in aqueous solutions was proposed. The peculiarities of alloy powder synthesis in acid and slightly acid solutions were studied. Factors influencing on powder microstructure, phase and elemental composition were identified. Electrochemical behavior of tin in aqueous solutions for silver deposition was studied by potentiometric method.
- Luc, W. Ag-Sn bimetallic catalyst with a core-shell structure for CO2 reduction.– JACS, Vol. 139(5), 2017. P. 1885-1893.
- Zhang, X. Stannate derived bimetallic nanoparticles for electrocatalytic CO2 reduction.– J. Mater. Chem. A.,Vol. 6(17), 2018. P. 7851-7858.
- Jo Y.H. Synthesis and characterization of highly conductive Sn–Ag bimetallic nanoparticles for printed electronics.– J. Nanopart. Res. Vol. 14, 2012. P. 782-792.
- Kriegner, D. Galvanic exchange in colloidal metal/metal-oxide core/shell nanocrystals.– J. Phys. Chem. C., Vol. 120(35), 2016. P. 19848– 19855.
- Chen S.-W. Phase Diagrams of Pb-Free Solders and their Related Materials Systems.– J. Mater. Sci: Mater. Electron. Vol. 18, 2007. P. 19–37.
- Fazal, M. A. A critical review on performance, microstructure and corrosion resistance of Pb-free solders. – Measurement, 2018.
- Tanaka M. Vaporization mechanism from Sn–Ag mixture by Ar–H2 Arc for nanoparticle preparation.– Thin Solid Films. Vol. 516(19), 2008. P. 6645–6649.
- Rossi P. Effects of deposition method on the microstructure and intermetallic compound formation in Ag–Sn bilayers.– Surf.Coat. Tech. Vol. 295, 2016. P. 88-92.
- Lai H.L. Lead-free Sn-Ag and Sn-Ag-Bi solder powders prepared by mechanical alloying.– J. Electron. Mater. Vol. 32(4), 2003. P. 215–220.
- Vrublevskaya, O. N. Chapter 4. Synthesis of powders and coatings of tin and its alloys with a controlled composition and structure by сementation from solutions. Adv. Chem Res. New York, Nova Science Publishers, 2019, 133–239. (O. N. Vrublevskaya, T. N. Vorobyova, M. G. Galuza, M. A. Shikun, A. A. Kudaka, E. E. Venhlinskaya).
- Sim, K. Phase stability of Ag–Sn alloy nanoparticles.– J. Alloy Compd. Vol. 590, 2014. P. 140–146.
- Cassidy J.E. Thiourea complexes of tin(II) compounds.– J. Chem. Soc. A: Inorg. Phys.Theor., 1970. P. 173-175.
- Tang, W. Room temperature interfacial reactions in electrodeposited Au/Sn couples.– Acta Mater., Vol. 56, 2008. P. 5818-5827.